The word “breakfast” literally means breaking the fast. After not eating for hours during the night, your first meal of the day breaks the fast, raises your blood sugar, and revs your metabolism. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day – and the most neglected. Whether people skip it or just choose poorly, most people are not getting the nutrition they need to feel good throughout the day.
Breakfast is necessary to wake your body up. You can try using coffee to fake your system out, but coffee doesn’t fuel your body like food does and it will eventually let you down.
So, now that you know how important breakfast is, here are the best and worse breakfasts, along with a few tips to boot!
TOP WORSE BREAKFASTS
- Cinnamon rolls
- Pancakes, waffles and French Toast (made with oil, butter and syrup)
- Deceiving Muffins, Coffee Cakes & Scones (although fat in muffins r better than the fat in donuts)
- Eggs with yolks (restaurants also cook them in loads of oil)
- Hashbrowns and Tatar Tots
- Omelets with real egg and cheese (and lots of oil)
Top 5 Sugary Prepackaged Breakfasts
- Pop Tarts
- Taster Strudel
- Cereal Bars
- Granola (high in fat & sugar – better used as a yogurt topping)
COMING UP on Motivation Monday:
Men’s Fitness‘ Top 5 Worse Restaurant Breakfast Food
I’ll be unveiling the top worse Restaurant breakfast food on my Monday Radio Show. Here are some hints:
- What Denny’s Meal has Over 1,160 and nearly 3,000mg sodium?
- What IHOP meal looks healthier than it is – with 920 calories & 70gm of fat?
- Which Hardee’s Monster Biscuit has a days worth of sodium AND fat in one sandwich!?
- Which McDonald’s sandwich do you want to avoid the most?
- What Sonic Breakfast Sandwich with Sausage has 51gm of fat?
We’ll post the Ustream footage after it airs from 7AM-8AM Monday on WTTB 1490 right here! Listen LIVE or on Ustream!
OR subscribe to The SideLine Radio UStream to be the first to be notified when it’s LIVE!
BEST & WORST fromNutrition Action:
Burger King the WORST breakfast fast food joint and
Einstein Bagels the BEST for serving 300 calorie bagel thin sandwiches & low fat cream cheese. Also, Einstein bagel’s cream cheese is double whipped which means it has ¼ less fat in them. 8 of the 11 flavors have HALF the fat of regular cream cheese, yet they don’t label them light or low fat.
- Dairy – yogurt & milk
- Whole Grains – oatmeal, whole grain, high fiber, low-sugar cereal, whole grain toast
- Egg Beaters, Egg Whites or Eggs with fewer yolks
- Ham steak and Turkey Sausage instead of Bacon
Skipping Breakfast Quadruples Your Chances of Obesity
4 Reasons Why:
- Breakfast fuels your body.
- Breakfast increases your metabolism.
- Breakfast keeps you sharp. (Have a good breakfast on big days, like test days & big meetings)
- Breakfast prevents overeating at lunchtime.
See all 18 Worse Breakfasts Featured in Men’s Fitness Magazine
Get your Monday Motivation Today!
If you took off from eating healthy and working out yesterday, and you didn’t tune in to Motivation Monday on the Sideline Radio show yesterday, you can tune in today via Ustream.
This Week’s Topics:
- 5 Labor Day diet & fit tips
- Amateur fight update on local athletes, Dan Kedem & Travis Bass
- How to watch calories on your kids’ game days
- Volleyball starts – How to train like a volleyball star
- Motivational mantra for the week
Remember, the 1st 15 minutes is local and national sports news and the rest of the hour is all fitness and motivation! Enjoy! CLICK HERE (or the video pic below) to start.
WHAT DO YOU WANT TO HEAR?
Have a topic? We want to know what you’d like to hear. Shoot your ideas in the comments below – and please include your name and where you are from so we can mention it in our show.
Monday is the biggest day in the fitness business. It’s the day we start our diet and workout program after we completely blew it over the weekend. It’s a new day to claim a new attitude – and motivation is priority one. That is why The SideLine Radio Show has dedicated each Monday to fitness motivation, bringing you Motivation Mondays with yours truly.
Today’s Show: Today is the first of many motivating Mondays to come. Each show will start with 15 minutes of sports news & chat, and then it’s ON! – Nothing but diet and fitness tips, tricks, trends & motivation!!
Today’s Topic: The “Tips to Making Fitness Fun”
Football Season Kicks Off: As football practice season kicks off for many of our youth around town, our adults need to kick off leading by example – and not just telling our kids what to do and how to eat. So, I’ve decided Derek & Jason need to lead the leadership pack, and start getting their fitness on. In today’s show, we’ll be talking about how Steve plans to kick their sports fan tails! Listen to the Ustream below to find out how YOU’LL be able to join them!