What if there was FREE help online to fight obesity? Not random tips or information, but true guidance from personal trainers, nutritionists and physiologists? This is exactly what the team at LiveExercise is working hard to do.
With your help they can create The Launchpad Project, a free health program designed to assist people with obesity and limited mobility. The Launchpad Project will be a series of daily videos focusing on exercise, nutrition, and mental health, while also being a safe place for people to talk freely about their issues and progress.
Many people look at obesity as a simple case of eating less and exercising more, but overeating and sedentary lifestyle are only a small part of the problem. Poverty, lack of education, and underlying mental health issues such as anxiety, addiction, depression and abuse are all contributing factors. That’s why The Launchpad Project is not a weight-loss program, it’s a healthy lifestyle movement – with professionals to help people tackle all aspects of obesity.
Health shouldn’t have a price tag
LiveExercise is raising money so they can provide this program to everyone. They believe The Launchpad Project needs to be free to reach as many people as possible. Studies show that obesity and poverty are closely linked, often making gyms, and food such fresh fruits and vegetables inaccessible. This is why it’s more important than ever to provide accessible health and nutritional programs for low-income families.
They need $60,000 to pay for studio & production time and pay for the trainers, nutritionists, and psychologists to produce 6 months of free daily videos. BUT, (THIS IS REALLY COOL!) even if they don’t make it all the way, they will use what they have raised to produce as many shows as possible within the budget! That means every penny HELPS!!
LEARN & DONATE
If obesity has touched your life, this is your chance to make a difference and help others.
CLICK HERE to learn more about this program.
CLICK HERE to donate and choose your perk (your gift for donating from LiveExercise.com).
Can’t afford to give?
Give the gift of sharing – sharing this message so others can learn about the program and give.
If you have any questions or feedback, you can email them at email@example.com and they’re always listening on Twitter and Facebook!
I think most people know we have a big obesity problem in America, but I don’t think people really understand what that means – or what to do about it. Medical Coding Career Guide built this infographic to really bring the facts home. After you review this enlightening graphic, I’ll give you 5 tips on how you can fight obesity and make a difference in your home and community.
5 Tips to Fighting Obesity:
1. Fight obesity in your home. Limit fast food and dry snacks (chips, cookies, crackers). Buy more fresh foods and less processed foods. Since many Americans are overweight due to overeating, serve dinner on salad plates to help control portion size. Seek education for you and your family and dedicate time to teaching your family about the importance of making healthy choices and increasing activities.
2. Fight obesity in your workplace. Many people don’t eat healthy because they really don’t know how to – or they are not completely aware of just unhealthy they really are. Although you can’t force co-workers to eat healthy, you can share your knowledge, introduce them to healthy foods and snacks, and invite them to the gym with you. Start a fitness challenge at your workplace and get more involved in your company’s wellness program. If nothing else, you can lead by example and encourage your coworkers when they do seek improvement.
3. Fight obesity in your child’s school. Even if you can’t change the lunchroom menu, you can change the way your child eats. Pack a lunch for them instead of relying on the school system to provide healthy meals for your child. Become a proactive member of the PTA and learn how to get more involved in making a difference in your local school system. PTA boards are always looking for inspiring speakers. Offer to speak, or to provide a speaker, to talk about childhood obesity. Remember, kids influence kids — and your kid can either influence other kids for good or bad. Encourage your child to be a good example for their friends and share what they have learned about healthy living.
4. Fight obesity in your church and your other favorite organizations. Church and food go together like peanut butter and jelly. Churches encourage good fellowship, and with that comes a lot of opportunities to eat and drink. Most churches rely on the congregation to provide food and beverage for their social events. Coke, sweet tea, high-cal casseroles, sweets and high-carb foods will always fill the buffet table. It’s up to you to provide healthy selections and to encourage your friends to do so as well. If you count calories, place a nutritional information card by the dish with the name of your yummy recipe, calories and your name in case they have questions.If you have the recipe, leave recipe cards by the dish and spread your healthy recipes with others.
5. Fight obesity in your close circles. We have the opportunity to impact our friends and family the most. Whether we are having people over for dinner or meeting people out, it’s important to stick to healthy eating so you can lead by example. Many times people actually buy junk food and serve higher calorie food when having guests over. Don’t be responsible for fattening up your guests. If you are exploring a menu and looking up calories while dining out, share what you are seeing. You’ll be amazed how many people have no idea how many calories are in foods they “think” is healthy. Of course, you need to be sensitive around people who are insecure about their weight, but even if you choose to say nothing and simply lead by example, you can still make a powerful impact on your loved ones.
Share this blog with your friends, on your facebook wall, on twitter, in pinterest, email and print it out for home and work. The key to helping people is educating them. Help make them more aware of the seriousness of obesity by sharing this blog today. You NEVER KNOW who’s life you could change simply by sharing this blog.
How have YOU helped fight obesity? Share your own tips and story below. 🙂 -B-