Dream Camera Sets Your Photos Free
I recently got the brand new Samsung Galaxy Camera. No, not the Galaxy smart phone. The Galaxy Smart CAMERA – complete with mobile technology for sharing and much more! If you follow me online and ever see #VZWFF on any of my pictures on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc., that photo was taken, and uploaded to social media, with this super cool camera.
I haven’t even scratched the surface of what this camera can do, and still have a lot to learn – but I am really loving it and here’s why!
1. All I Have To Do Is Say “CHEESE”!
This camera is crazy cool! I mean, it even takes pictures for you! You don’t even have to press a button to snap a pic! How awesome is THAT? The camera recognizes voice commands like Cheese, Smile, Capture or Shoot. If you say “record video” it will start capturing video. Say “timer” and it will give you 10 seconds and take a photo. The same goes with changing modes, turning the flash on or off, or going to the photo gallery to view your pictures. No more hitting wrong buttons. No more stress. Just point and speak!
2. I Can Take It, Edit It, File It, Find It, Share It – Anytime I Want
With a normal camera, I’d take photos and then dump them on my laptop, and have to do all my organizing, editing and sharing there. However, with the Samsung Galaxy Camera, you can edit and share them immediately. Plus, you don’t need to dump and delete photos if you don’t want to – and you probably don’t want to if you want to be able to share them later. However, you don’t want to scroll through a thousand photos to try to find that one picture you want to share either, but with the Samsung Galaxy, you don’t have to! This camera makes organizing your photos easy. By organizing photos, I can access photos I’ve taken a while back quickly, to share any time I want. Since the camera comes with an 8GB memory, plus can hold a 64GB card – I don’t have to be so quick to dump and delete photos – and I have more access to all my favorite photos on the go! FREEEEDOM!!! Of course I back them all up on my laptop regularly, but I love having all my favorite photos with me where ever I go, which is a must for a blogger & FitFluential Ambassador like me!
3. I Get Best of Both Worlds
Have you ever taken a video and as you are taping, you realize you are missing a great photo opportunity to take a great still shot? OR, if you are like me, you’ve been videoing (and didn’t know it) and as soon as you hit the camera button, you realize you messed up and missed the shot? Well, with the Samsung Galaxy Camera you can do BOTH – video AND take a photo! Anytime while you are taking video, you can tap on the camera button and ALSO grab a great pic while you are at it! So, in those cases you try to take a photo and realize you are taping, you still get the shot you wanted too, even when you didn’t mean to record video.
4. My photos are print quality.
Even though I have to post photos for work, I also enjoy photography for fun – and if I get a great shot, I want to know I can print it so my memory can last as long as possible. The Samsung Galaxy’s photos are ready to be framed.
Are Your Photos Printable?
Unfortunately, in today’s world of technology, we take more photos than ever but fewer photos are being printed. While we may not choose to print a lot of photos now, that doesn’t mean one day we will (or one of our loved ones will!). Sadly, if we are all relying on our smart phones to take all of our photos, I’m afraid we will be disappointed when our kids and grandkids go to print off photos for their memory books and picture frames.
Comparing Apples to Raisins
Honestly, it’s not fair to compare the Samsung camera to the iphone 5. As much as I love my iPhone, they are 2 totally different devices. One is truly a camera, and the other is truly a phone with a camera option – big difference. Unfortunately, people use their smart phones as their primary camera all the time – even camera lovers like me.
If this sounds like you, you may want to think again. You can’t get those memories back and once you’ve snapped that pic, all you are left with is that picture – good or bad.
First, let’s look at the basic stats:
SAMSUNG GALAXY: 21 X Zoom
IPHONE 5: No Optical Zoom (only digital zoom)
SAMSUNG GALAXY: Zenon Flash
IPHONE 5: LED Flash
Lights, Camera, Action!
Look at the difference between the Samsung Galaxy Camera (left) and iPhone 5 (right).
In these first two pictures, everything seems pretty similar. Both took a great photo that would look great on Instagram. Although the iPhone tends to cast a yellow tint to indoor photos at times, all in all, they both are clear and definitely postable. 🙂
I kept the same distance as the above photos (about 3-4 feet away) in moderate light and used the zoom to get closer to his face. I then cropped the photo to just show his nose to compare clarity when zooming. As you can tell, the iPhone 5 photo is blurry and soft, where the Samsung Galaxy is much more clear. Zooming on an iPhone will bring you much disappointment, so if you like getting a nice crisp close-up shot, you need to keep your iPhone in your pocket.
Lighting can make or break a shot in a heartbeat. Here is an example of using the iPhone at night inside without the flash.
This is an example of using the iPhone’s LED flash – always a disappointment.
This is an example of a photo using the Samsung Galaxy Camera flash in the same lighting conditions. The result is super clear, crisp and alive. LOVE IT!
Even if you do take a great shot on your smart phone, is it good enough to blow up and put on your wall? Here are some tips on how to figure out what size you need to print your photos.
Pixel Size for Print: Multiply the image height and width by 300 (8×10 = 2400×3000 pixels)
Megapixels Needed: Multiple the pixel dimensions together (2400×3000 becomes 7.2 million).
That number (7.2) is the number of megapixels needed to record a print quality 8×10 image. But, you also need to take in consideration you may want to crop the photo. In that case, you would actually be blowing it up bigger than the original 8×10 size to fill the 8×10 space, which means it will likely lose quality. While an 8 x 10 is Ok for some pictures, some pictures demand more attention and are screaming to be a centerpiece on the wall. The question is, will your photo make it or break it?
Don’t think you’ll ever want to blow something up that big? You never know! A few years back I was driving to my sister’s wedding and saw these old rusty cars on the side of the road. I hopped out and took a few shots. Luckily, I had my big nice camera with me (because I was taking wedding pictures) but, normally, I wouldn’t have that camera with me in the car. It turned out so nice, that I had it enlarged on canvas for Steve’s office. Sure, if I had my iphone, it would have made a great shot for Flickr or Instagram, but it looks even more amazing on our wall (pictured here above his couch to show the printed size)!
With the Samsung Galaxy, I can have the convenience of photo sharing without compromising on quality – plus it fits nicely in even my smallest purse! Needless to say, I’m loving it!
FitFluential LLC compensated me for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
When I go to the gym, I look I’m moving in. Members and staff have always teased me when they watch me lug my purse, laptop bag, gym bag and lunch bag in to work everyday. And I don’t blame them, it really is ridiculous.
As you know, I like to tell you about products I’ve discovered (both good and bad), and occasionally I do product reviews. Well, I recently discovered a really KILLER gym bag that solved all my problems and I just HAD to share! It’s called the LUXX gym bag by LiveWell360.com. I have to admit, at first glance, they looked similar to other gym bags, but the more learned, the more features I saw that could really help me out.
1. Eleven Awesome Pockets. Oh my goodness, how I love pockets. A girl’s gotta have her pockets! A pocket for my phone, gotta hold my water bottle, one for my headphone and arm band, another for supplements, and don’t forget one for make-up! The list goes on. That many separate pockets TOTALLY ROCK in my book – and this one has enough to organize even MY world!
2. Stinky-Shoes Solution. Yep, you heard me. There is a separate vented pocket for your tennis shoes. So no more stinky-feet smelling clothes, or sand in with your nice outfits and dirty marks on your light colored clothes. You now can keep them separated – and that’s how it should be.
3. Padded Computer Compartment. OK, this one feature alone sold me!! No more separate laptop bag!!! OMG! Freeeeeeeeedom!!!! My Macbook Pro slips in nicely in the back padded pocket and the inside has plenty of space for any computer accessories I may need.
4. Yoga Mat Holder. Whaaaat? How cool is THAT! Honestly! Saturday I went to yoga and if I didn’t have this bag, I would have juggled a purse, gym bag, brief case AND a yoga mat. Instead, I proudly walked in the gym with just this one bag. Yes, I felt very cool. ha!
5. No Need for a Purse. I’ve always brought my purse AND my gym bag with me to the gym. However, with the large side compartment boasting 4 super easy-access pockets, I don’t need my purse. The only reason I used to carry it is because I didn’t want to toss all my stuff into a big gym bag. Now I have my make-up in the zipper slot, my iphone in the 2nd slot, my camera in the 3rd slot (yes, I always bring a camera every where I go), and my perfume/body spray in the 3rd slot (which, right now, is LaVanilla Laboratories Healthy Fragrance Vanilla Passion Fruit). Then I put my keys on the built in lanyard (also great for your locker key and/or gym membership card) and I toss my wallet into the spacious side compartment and I literally have a built in purse. I feel so organized it’s not even funny!
6. A Bag that Inspires. Every time you open this bag, you will see inspirational words to keep you going. A nice touch for sure!
7. Incredible Durability. I’ve spent anywhere from $49-$99 on a gym bag. They are normally thin nylon or canvasy bags that never last. The stitching comes lose, zippers bust, or the bag rips and frays. Although this bag is on the pricey side in comparison to mainstream brands, there is absolutely no comparison. As soon as you touch and feel it, you can tell this sucker is going to go the distance. And if you are like me, and your gym bag goes with you everywhere, it pays to have a gym that won’t fall apart on you. They are so confident in their quality, they offer a quality guarantee. They will fix or replace it in the event you have an issue. How’s that for service?!
8. People love them. When push comes to shove, what really matters most is what their customers think – and they’re getting rave reviews. Live Well 360 bags have been featured in top publications including Oxygen Magazine, Experience Life Magazine, the German edition of Shape Magazine, LiveStrong, FitSugar, and SparkPeople – and of course, now pFITblog.com. 🙂
Bottom line, this bag is worth the investment! And, although I’m a pretty girly girl, it’s simple design makes this bag great for both men and women.
The only thing I would add is some bling for girls like me. If you know me, you know I like flash. So I look forward to seeing if the line gets fancier as it grows. I’d love to see some cool prints, Swarovski crystals, or Gold accents appear on these bags in the future. I’ll throw a penny in a wishing pond and see if it comes true! And if it does, I’ll be the first to write about it! 🙂
Until then, I guess I better order a some Inspriational Charms! Happy Gym Bag Shopping! Let me know if you decide to try one!! You’ll LOVE IT! – B –