Guess These Abs
Who’s abs do you think these belong to? I’ll give you a few hints:
She is 44
She is a mother of Twins (did that just give it away?)
She struggles with having one very big body part
She is an entertainer, businesswoman, philanthropist, producer – and pretty much anything she wants to be.
– Answer is a the bottom of this blog 🙂
Her Fit Tips:
Imagine if that happened to us. I can tell you right now, I would have downright SCARED someone if they saw me laying out in my back yard this weekend. No make-up, hair in a knot, dorky headband and a “backyard” swim suit (which is one of those suits that is great for tanning, but not so great looking on”. lol
Well, this used to be her belly, but no more – and here’s why! Here’s how she keeps fit.
1. No Partying
2. Small Portions
3. Sugar-Free & Salt-Free Diet
4. No Alcohol
5. 8 Hours of Sleep
One last final tip:
In 2008, she signed up for a triathlon sprint to help her lose her baby weight.
6 Tips for a Tight Tummy
Before I tell you owns that six-pack, here are a few of MY ab tips:
- Keep your stomach tight. One reason we battle the bulge is because we are lazy. We don’t maintain good posture and hold our stomach in like we should. Laziness causes us to lose our resting tone in our abdominal muscles, allowing our gut to stretch out the abdominal wall. We can increase muscle tone simply by keeping our tummy tight and standing up tall.
- Limit overeating. It’s hard to hold our stomach in tight when our belly is full. When we eat large meals our stomach increases in size, pushing out against our abdominal muscles. It’s a lot easier to maintain a smaller, tighter waistline by simply eating smaller portions.
- Retrain your muscles. If you think it’s too late to get a six-pack, think again. Look at all the women who retrain their ab muscles after pregnancy. The same can happen to a beer belly too. Crunches, sit-ups and plank exercises get great results and don’t require a gym membership or equipment.
- Choose cardio that trims your waistline. Trade the bike for exercises that allow the arms to swing and the upper body to rotate. Aerobics classes, like kickboxing, are also excellent as they incorporate a lot of rotation through the mid-section. Concentrate on the ab area while exercising, maintaining good posture and tight abs throughout the exercise.
- Reduce your calories. We can do abdominal exercises until we’re blue in the face, but it won’t do a thing about the fat that’s covering our muscles. The only way to trim off the fat is to take in fewer calories than we burn. Otherwise, we will just have a six-pack under the keg.
- Don’t fall for the gimmicks. If something looks too good to be true, it probably is. Let’s face it; we can’t get a six-pack in six minutes without changing what we do in the other 1,434 minutes that fill our day.
Answer to “Guess These Abs”:
We all know Jennifer Lopez works hard to stay fit. She’s had twins and she’s had heavy spells at times, but she keeps landing back on her fit feet. I’m sure you are thinking you could be fit too with all her money and her awesome celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson, but although she may have plenty of money, I doubt she has plenty of time. Between going on tour, shooting music videos (like in this screen shot of her), judging American Idol, learning lines and starring alongside Jason Statham in the crime thriller Parker, working as executive producer of the television series The Fosters, founding her own mobile phone retail brand Viva Móvil for Latinos, working numerous charities, recording her new record, starring in a new thriller movie, doing ads for L’Oreal , launching the Jennifer Lopez Collection (a clothing and accessories line for Kohl’s with Tommy Hilfiger), promoting her new Jennifer Lopez Home Collection, promoting the new Fiat, making countless guess appearances, and, oh yeah, being a mom – and that’s not ALL she does in her 16-hour workdays!!
“Sometimes when I get home and I’m not feeling so great, I make myself go to the gym,” Jennifer Lopez said in Redbook. “Then I come home and take a shower, put on a great outfit, some makeup, tie my hair up, and I feel pepped up and great about myself.”
So if you thought you were busy, or your the only one that struggles to get to the gym, think again! Being fit is important to her, so she MAKES time for it – and that’s what we have to do too. Time will not come on it’s own. We must MAKE time. 🙂
J-Lo’s Tri Sprint FAQs & Quotes
J-Lo completed the race in 23 minutes and 38.8 seconds. Here are some of my favorite quotes from her about this experience:
“I was beached like a whale,” Lopez said on ABC’s “Good Morning America” last month. “I was watching TV, and I saw a triathlon and I said, ‘You know what? I think I could do that, that would be great for me to do. Maybe I’ll do it this year,'” she explained.
She also joked that she was determined to finish the race even if she “has to crawl across that finish line.”
“Swimming is a killer,” Lopez admitted. “I’m not going to lie.”
As some of you know I write for Sears Fitness (the #1 Fitness Retailer in the Nation) and FitStudio (powered by Sears). I wanted to share my most recent Blog with you as it really is something I’m super passionate about – the art of getting back up. As we strive to stay fit, one thing I’ve learned is that I WILL backslide. The more important issue is how fast will I get back up? Will it be a day, a month, a year? I hope this REALLY encourages you!! Read the rest of this entry