I get the privilege of trying some pretty cool fitness clothes, but on a rare occasion I get a shipment of clothes that WAY surpasses my expectations – and this is one of those times. TLF Apparel (Train Like A Freak Apparel) send me some of the coolest workout clothes I’ve tried in a long time. Here are the items I picked out:
I admit, I was worried about the sheer fabric being loose on the capris, the shorts being too short or too tight…and honestly, TLF was SO much nicer, better fitting and more comfortable than I ever thought it would be. Their quality is superb (I’m talking lululemon type quality!), the fit is absolutely perfect, the fabric is supportive and lifting (especially in the derriere) and I got an extra bonus that I didn’t expect – BLING!!
Every piece of clothing had a beautiful crystal logo. What a nice accent!! I tried capturing the shine and glimmer (on the front left of my shorts here), but couldn’t get the WOW factor I was getting in person. You just have to trust me on this one. It’s really pretty!!
Here are how the pieces looked on me! You can see how I mixed matched all the pieces, wearing different combinations of each piece together to get different looks. The “Pretty Tough” tank also has cut outs in the back which are pretty cool (and quite literally cool too when you workout!!).
GET YOURS FOR LESS!
Get 20% OFF at TLFapparel.com with this Coupon Code: 20TLF002
Follow them on Instagram to see their newest collections at @TLFapparel
and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TLF.Apparel
See what other people are wearing by following this hashtag: #TrainLikeaFreak
TAG ME if you post any pics of your new stuff – I’d love to see what you got! 🙂
MEN: Check out the guys stuff – they have some pretty sick apparel for men too!!
I flipped out over this tank! It’s the perfect Christmas gift for your favorite coffee loving friend! Or, if you are like me, and a major coffee lover, you can just buy it for yourself! Or maybe you are also like me and, when you go Christmas shopping, you say “One for you, One for ME!” (I know, I’m awful!! They are too cute to resist!!)
I know I just blogged about my other tank I just got that said “I don’t sweat, I sparkle” and you might be thinking I’m now on Ruffles with Love’s payroll, but I’m not. I just think there stuff is so stinkin’ cute – AND, I know how hard it is to buy for some people so I figured you’d enjoy fun fitness gift ideas!
If you are a coffee lover, here are some tips to save extra calories so you can enjoy your cup of Joe without it expanding your waistline.
8 Ways to Save Coffee Calories:
1. Use flavored coffee. Trade high-calorie flavored syrups and creamers for delicious flavored gourmet coffee.
2. Cut the cream. If you can’t do without cream, cut it with skim or whole milk to save calories.
3. Lighten Up. It’s difficult for a person who likes a little coffee with their cream, to become a person who drinks coffee black. However, if you slowly wean yourself of heavy creamer, your taste buds will have time to adjust.
4. Make it mild. Stronger coffees require more cream to soften the intensity of the bitter flavor. If you go a little more mild, you may be able to go mild on your creamer too.
5. Pick only one – coffee or coffee cake. It’s hard to pass up the muffins and coffee cakes when you order your starbucks, but the reality is – that coffee you are ordering IS your treat. Don’t double your mistake by ordering two high-calorie treats.
6. Go small. Many times we order a large coffee just because it’s only a few cents more. Then we find ourselves gulping down the last few cold sips just because we don’t want to waste what’s left. Order small coffees for a small waistline.
7. Skip it. I don’t know about you, but meeting a friend at a coffee shop is the go-to thing to do. Half the time I really don’t even want a coffee. Yet, you bet your socks I’ll order one – just because. The last time I was tempted, I ended up ordering an unsweetened tea instead. It was refreshing and yummy and I didn’t leave with regret and the need to do 3 extra miles of cardio to erase one drink.
8. Limit the high-calorie treats to once a week. Just because it has coffee in it, doesn’t mean you should have it every day like your daily morning coffee. Treat fancy frappuccinos as if it’s actually a treat. Fancy coffees can have as much calories in an ice cream – and if you are dieting, you shouldn’t have ice cream every day either.
Popular Coffee Shop Calorie Chart
|Coffee with Splenda||15|
|Coffee with Skim Milk||15|
|Coffee with Skim Milk and Splenda||25|
|Coffee with Milk||25|
|Coffee with Sugar||60|
|Coffee with Cream||60|
|Coffee with Skim Milk and Sugar||70|
|Coffee with Milk and Sugar||80|
|Coffee with Cream and Sugar||120|
|Cappuccino with Sugar||140|
|Mocha Coffee with Cream||170|
|Mocha Swirl Latte||220|
Twitter handle: @RufflesAndStuff
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RuffleswithLove
Ruffles With Love Website: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RufflesWithLove?ref=pr_shop_more
Shipping Time/Info for Christmas:
All orders by 12/15 guaranteed by Christmas. All orders after 12/15 that are needed for Christmas need to request that in the notes.
PfitBlog Readers get 10% off with code PFIT10!!! WOOT!
As most of you know, I have the privilege of trying some of the newest trends from Reebok. One thing you might not know is I’m not required to tell you how much I love their products, even if I don’t. I just have to test them out, be honest and share what I like. The problem is, I love almost everything they send me! Seriously! So, with that said, I thought I’d share my top picks for the first quarter.
The following products are not just products I’ve received, but new products I admire and plan to get – AND my Product of the Year (so far!).
Bonnie’s Top 5 Reebok Picks
1. PWR Legging – If you don’t want to talk to anyone at the gym, then you may not want to buy these leggings. I got so many compliments on these workout pants the first day I wore them! Everyone was asking me where I got them. Between the cool print and the single black-cuff bottom, this pair of leggings is a statement for sure – and it says COOL!
2. Reebok CrossFit Spotted Sock: Stripes are overrated, right?! But, something you DON’T see a lot of is SPOTS! They have spotted socks in red & white and green & purple. They also have different patterns and styles including compression socks and just high socks. They even have them in solid HOT PINK for pink-lovers like ME! Men, if you want something a little less (well, girlie), check these red, yellow and black bad boys out: Reebok CrossFit Front Stripe Sock
3. ZigCarbon Running Shoe. Ok, I have not tried these yet, but Steve got his last week and LOVES them – and they are on my wish list for sure!! The Zigcarbon is super light (under 7.5 ounces) and has a full-length unique military grade carbon fiber plate for structured support in the midfoot, and forefoot and heel foam pods for excellent cushioning and shock absorption. Although Steve loved the regular zigs, he felt he needed a little more support – and he said this shoe did the trick for sure. This shoe is designed to take a beating with more durability and support.
4. Strength is Beautiful Tank. This statement alone is awesome – but then the top has a cool cut too. I love the color, the cut, and the message! But, this tank is not just cool, it’s practical. The idea behind their CrossFit line is not to just offer CrossFitters cool clothes. It was to learn from some of the toughest athletes who really put their body to the test, and create what they needed in workout gear. As a result, they learned tops need to be more fitted and longer so they don’t rise up while doing handstand push-ups or burpees. They realized they needed to develop pants that you can squat, jump and run in that won’t slide down your bottom exposing your butt crack or busting a seam. They use technology that fitness enthusiasts appreciate. This is not your ordinary generic workout clothes to walk in, this line is designed to work for you, not against you. So, all in all, you don’t have to be a CrossFitter to appreciate this gear – you’ll love it no matter how you train.
5. Strength Track Jacket – So far, this is my favorite jacket I’ve gotten from Reebok. Partly because I love the single-sided inspirational ghost pattern, but mostly because it just looks SO sharp on! It comes in black, white & coral (I have it in white). As a fitness professional, I’m always looking for sharp fitness apparel that I can wear and still look professional. I literally can finish a workout, slide this bad boy on and I feel dressed for success in seconds. Love it!
My Product of the Year (so far) is…
(drum roll please…..)
The Reebok DMX Sky. DMX Sky outsole contains three independent moving channels that transfer cushioned air where you need it, when you need it – and a Carbon rubber outsole for traction, grip and durability.
First, I must tell you how I tried these puppies out. I actually switched shoes with my mom (pictured above on the right) and wore one of her new Reebok shoes AND I wore one of the DMX Sky shoes on part of my run to see if I could feel a difference. The answer was a big fat YES, BIG difference! Definitely LOADS of cushion for all you cushion lovers (which I need since I hurt my ankle). I could tell you how they work, but I think Reebok experts explain it the best. Check it out!
FitFluential LLC compensated me for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.