If you had a week like I did, where your husband is shot (yes, that actually happened!) and you had emergency surgery that left you on your back for 5 days (yes, that happened too!), you may be in a total frenzy to do last minute shopping the day before Christmas!
Here is a list of fit gift ideas for your fit (or hope-to-be-fit-in-2014) friends:
- Fitness Clothes (I love Reebok of course! I also just got some really pretty Lorna Jane stuff!)
- Gym Bag (I love LiveWell 360)
- Workout Gloves
- Wrist Wraps (I like PRwraps, great for heavy lifts)
- Activity Tracker (I like Polar Loop, which connects with a Polar heart rate monitor)
- Fun Socks (You know how I love me sum socks!)
- Compression Socks or Arm Sleeves (I like Zenzah)
- Colorful Shoe Laces (Target & shoe stores often have them)
- Sporty Head Bands or Hair Ties for the girlies
- Gym Membership (at the Max of course if you’re local!)
- Gift Certificate for a Massage
- Gift Certificate for a Boot Camp or Personal Training
- Protein Smoothie gift card at your local gym or smoothie shop
- Gift Card to GNC (who wouldn’t LOVE that?!)
- Sports Bottle
- Straps (to help grip support for heavy lifts)
- Weight Belt
- Gift Certificate for an annual LiveExercise membership (online workouts)
- Shoe Freshening Balls (put in shoes or gym bag)
- Tennis Shoe Cleaner (I love Reebok’s cleaner)
- iTunes Gift Card for new music
- Yoga Mat
- Yoga Blocks & Straps
- GymBoss Interval Timer
- Balance Ball
- Yurbuds Earphones (the BEST! at Best Buy)
- iPhone Arm Band
- Bodylastics Resistance Bands set
- Protein Shake Mixer Bottle (at GNC)
- Food Scale
- Blender (for protein shakes)
- Smoker or Grill (a protein eater’s must)
- Dehydrator (for making homemade beef jerky & dried fruit)
- Diet cook book (shop Books-a-Million)
- Reebok Nano 2.0 shoes for cross-training (my favorite!)
- Gym Towel
- Water Bottle Belt (for long distance runners)
- Lunch Sack & Tupperware for dieters
- Fitness Magazines (great for motivation & stocking stuffers)
Mother’s Day is just around the corner. If you are still trying to find a fun gift for the fit mom of your house, here are 5 unique ideas that are sure to help you mom reach her goals – and make her smile!.
#1 Elegant Portions 3-Piece Place Setting: This place setting by Elegant Portions is the perfect gift for a mom who is watching her weight or just eating healthy. Designed around portion control, this dinner wear will help mom reach her goals in style. The Wine Traxx glass, which is perfect for high-calorie beverages like juice or wine, delicately marks 4oz, 6oz and 8oz servings. The next item is a pretty Snack Traxx glass bowl that is also marked the same way for 4oz, 6oz and 8oz pours (perfect for my yogurt & soups!) Lastly, the Meal Traxx plate also marks ¼-Plate for lean protein, ¼-Plate for starches or whole grains, and ½-Plate for fruits and vegetables. Simply brilliant – and beautiful!
#2 Super Socks for Supermom: Have you ever thought your mom was so strong, she should wear a cape? Even if the cape is a little too much for your mom, JoyofSocks.com has a pair of cool socks for just about anyone. Plus, high socks are one of the few ways to “dress up” a fitness outfit and bring a little personality into the gym. If your mom is in the market for compression socks, you’ll be pleased to hear Reebok has come out with some fun styles too. Socks are an affordable fun gift that would make any mom smile. And whether they wear them in the gym, or just wear them around the house, they will get worn – and with these socks, they will likely wear a smile to match!
#2 Help Mom Accel: Live Well 360 offers incredible multi-function bags that do it all. Made with quality materials, and quality guarantee, they carefully constructed each bag to meet just about every need you can imagine. The Accel is the smallest of their bags, which carries like a purse or a gym bag depending on the strap you use. It has 13 pockets for organizing straps, gloves, headphones, ipod, clothes, jewelry, water bottle, shoes and any other must-have fitness accessory. It even has a padded compartment for a small lap top or tablet (which I carry every day because I watch online TV while doing cardio!). The detachable yoga straps make this bag complete, which is the perfect addition for the yogi mom. I warn ya, don’t even try to compare Live Well 360 bags to the bags you see in most department stores. Live Well 360 bags are the Coach of gym bags. They cost more (this bag is $167), because you get more – and you won’t buy another gym bag for a long time. Live Well 360 come in 3 sizes: Accel (small), Core (medium) and Luxx (large, which also holds a full-size laptop). SAVE 10% OFF with this code: PFIT10
#4 Dad, Give Mom HICKIES: NO! Not THAT kind of Hickie, HICKIES elastic lacing system, designed to transform tennis shoes into slip-on shoes. However, that’s not really why I love them. I love them because they add color – and lots of it. HICKIES have 16 different color combination that can completely change the look of your tennis shoes. Whether you are wearing Converse or Reebok, you can throw in some fun multi-color HICKIES and get a whole new look without buying a new pair of shoes. I personally love the HICKIES in rainbow colors for a multi-colored look that would help your shoes match just about anything in your closet. HICKIES are available at Brookestone.
#5 Fit Jewelry for a Fit Mom. There are two stores I really like for fitness jewelry. One is the Fitness Fan Store for CrossFitters and Boot Campers, and the other is Fashletics for all fitness fanatics. The Fitness Fan Store has fitness pendants unique to boot camp and CrossFit programs like tractor tires, kettlebells, jump rope, sledge hammers and even a sled. Fashletics has motivational pendants like “Live, Love, Lift”, and peptalk jewelry like “”YOU vs YOU”, that is sure to inspire any mom to keep showing up. In addition to their motivational jewelry, they also have some fun fitness pendants like a 45lb plate, barbells, running shoes and cycling charms. They even offer a way to build your own charm set to customize your gift with just the right message and fitness tool to match mom’s training.
PS: I was NOT compensated for this post. 🙂
Have a cool gift idea? Share it below!
We’d LOVE to hear about your gift ideas so I can share it with the PFIT PFAM!
There are a ton of gym bags out there, but most of them are pretty generic and less than exciting. When I have shopped for gym bags in the past, they are always the same. Boring. Boring. Boring.
Then I discovered Live Well 360 bags and I discovered gym bags with purpose. Innovative design, well-thought out, good looking and very functional.
Here are 5 things I love about this gym bag:
1. Streamlined design – Most gym bags are so bulky they should come with a WIDE LOAD sign – but this bag has a slim design and lays nicely against your body when you are carrying it so you don’t knock someone out when you walk by someone. The triangular shape (wide at the bottom and narrow at the top) makes this bag seem smaller without compromising space. It carries more like a big purse than a canvas suitcase, so it was the perfect bag for shopping all the vender booths at this weekend’s CrossFit “Clash of the Fittest” competition. In the picture below, you can see how slim the footprint of this bag is in comparison to Steve’s last gym bag.
2. Pockets galore – The Core bag has a large interior compartment for the bulk of your gear, a separate large vented pocket for your stinky shoes or wet clothes, elastic pocket for a water bottle or protein shake, and many smaller pockets for organizing wraps, headphones, gloves, make-up and whatever else your little heart desires. All the pockets not only help you to keep your gear organized, but it helps you take better care of your gear, including the soft fleece-lined pocket which is perfect for holding your nice jewelry.
3. Quality – Gym bags are notorious for canvas fraying, zippers breaking, straps breaking and plastic clips cracking. When you get a Live Well bag you can immediately tell the difference in quality to know this bag is built to last. The strap is made out of smooth durable seatbelt material. Live Well doesn’t use that cheap thin canvas material. Instead, they use super thick handmade ballistic nylon that’s soft to the touch, but incredibly durable. Also, instead of plastic clips and hardware, they use heavy duty satin nickel. They stand behind their product so much, they offer a Quality Guarantee – if there is a problem or defect, they’ll fix it or replace it.
4. Inspirational – You know I’m a sucker for motivation, so when I saw that the entire bag is lined with motivational words, you know I was in heaven. It adds style, and it refocuses your mind every time you open the bag.
5. Roomy. I don’t like a big bag, but I do have a lot to carry to work (which happens to be the gym) with me every day. I don’t like carrying a purse, a laptop bag AND a gym bag SO, the right bag for me has to carry it all. To show you what my bag looks like on a typical day, I emptied all the contents out to show you how much this bag holds – and that’s without even stuffing it. I had plenty of space left to pack more stuff in there. 🙂
Here is what was in my bag today:
1 Workout Outfit
Socks & my new favorite Shoes – the Nano 2.0
15″ Macbook Pro
iPad (for watching TV on the elliptical)
iPhone arm band
2 Designer Whey bars
Camcorder (for shooting video)
Camera (always on “duty” for my brands)
Lotion & Perfume for a refresher if needed
Powder, foundation, Lipstick, lipliner & hair ties
and a partridge in a pear treeeeee 🙂
Those are all the reasons the Core bag made my Top 25 Fitness Gifts for Your Fit Friends. It would be a perfect Christmas gift that will get a ton of use! The Live Well Core comes in Black, Purple and Grey.