If you are looking for some new unique fitness wear that is high quality and a great flattering cut, you need to check out TLF Apparel. I just discovered them a couple of months ago and I am so impressed with their clothing line.
MY OUTFIT FOR OCTOBER
My latest outfit, in “Hot Coral” (which is a cool orange color), is a winner! I love the cut of the bra top, which is high enough in front that is shows up under most tank tops. This makes it easy and fun to layer clothing to add color and style to any outfit – even my work uniform top (which is my Max tank top here).
Hot Coral is the name of this color. It’s not pumpkin orange, but it’s definitely orange (and orangier than it appears in this pic). It’s a cool orange with a hint of coral in it. However, it seems to match all my clothes that have electric orange or coral accents. The vibrant color really brightenes up other solids, like black, grey and white. “Hot coral” is great for fall, but bright enough to go all year long. LOVE IT!
BETTER WITH BLING
Both pieces have a really pretty blinged logo which adds a bit of class and “prettiness” to each pice.
If you like ORANGE, then here are some TLF pieces I loved…
Casual comfy layer that keeps you cool with this “air-conditioning back”. Love this!
This first grey tank with the orange logo is the tank I got to layer over my orange outfit. It’s a great fit and has a little “dressier” feel than the above tank. This is a great outfit for people who like to look sharp (perfect for trainers and fitness professionals). The Infi-Dry fabric keeps you from looking like a wet rat after a hard workout – and dries fast too.
Coupon Code 20% Entire Store: 20TLF002
FOLLOW THEM ON Instagram 2: @TLFapparel
FOLLOW US ON Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TLF.Apparel
TLF HASHTAG: #TrainLikeaFreak
I get the privilege of trying some pretty cool fitness clothes, but on a rare occasion I get a shipment of clothes that WAY surpasses my expectations – and this is one of those times. TLF Apparel (Train Like A Freak Apparel) send me some of the coolest workout clothes I’ve tried in a long time. Here are the items I picked out:
I admit, I was worried about the sheer fabric being loose on the capris, the shorts being too short or too tight…and honestly, TLF was SO much nicer, better fitting and more comfortable than I ever thought it would be. Their quality is superb (I’m talking lululemon type quality!), the fit is absolutely perfect, the fabric is supportive and lifting (especially in the derriere) and I got an extra bonus that I didn’t expect – BLING!!
Every piece of clothing had a beautiful crystal logo. What a nice accent!! I tried capturing the shine and glimmer (on the front left of my shorts here), but couldn’t get the WOW factor I was getting in person. You just have to trust me on this one. It’s really pretty!!
Here are how the pieces looked on me! You can see how I mixed matched all the pieces, wearing different combinations of each piece together to get different looks. The “Pretty Tough” tank also has cut outs in the back which are pretty cool (and quite literally cool too when you workout!!).
GET YOURS FOR LESS!
Get 20% OFF at TLFapparel.com with this Coupon Code: 20TLF002
Follow them on Instagram to see their newest collections at @TLFapparel
and on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TLF.Apparel
See what other people are wearing by following this hashtag: #TrainLikeaFreak
TAG ME if you post any pics of your new stuff – I’d love to see what you got! 🙂
MEN: Check out the guys stuff – they have some pretty sick apparel for men too!!
Reebok did it again! They came out with the cutest, lightest (5 OUNCE!) , seamless, super comfy and totally machine washable (DID YOU HEAR ME???? I SAAAID MACHINE WASHABLE!!! how COOL is THAT?!) tennis shoe, perfect for daily wear! It’s call the Reebok Skyscape.
Sometimes you just want a cute minimal shoe that is cozy but doesn’t look like an athletic shoe for those days you want to be comfy but you don’t want to look like you are going for a run. If this is YOU, then you might want to try out this cool new pair of kicks.
The material is wild! It’s smooth, soft and stretchy material makes this shoe like nothing else I’ve ever put on my foot. Plus, it has a pillowy tongue with extra cushion so tight laces don’t cut off circulation or irritate the top of your foot. Basically, comfy was their focus and they nailed it. I wore it to work yesterday, knowing I was going to have to stand on my feet for several hours straight, and they didn’t let me down.
Check ’em out!
Next on my list are the purple ones! So stinkin’ cute! I’ll be sure to instagram & tweet out more pics, with the hashtag #livewithfire!
Steve’s newest blog “My Secret Superpowers” is surprisingly true. Like getting new clothes for school, it was not like I really NEEDED new clothes and was going to go to school naked. I had plenty of clothes, but did I have the “right” clothes? The clothes that were cool and perfect for the new year, new season, the new me. My mom knew how important new clothes were for the new year, and the same goes for fitness – new clothes for the new you!
There is no doubt apparel gives you added confidence. You walk a little taller, you hold your head a little higher – and in the world of fitness, there is no exception. Even when I don’t look my best (naked) I can attempt to look a little better in nicer clothes.
When I go to the gym in old or sloppy clothing, I feel old, sloppy and fat – and just want to get out of there as fast as possible. BUT, when I go to the gym feeling good about what I’m wearing, I feel more energized, more confident, and work a little harder. To me, apparel really does affect my workouts.
Now, admittedly, I get to try out some of the newest clothing and shoes in the industry. But, with that experience, it made me realize how much more I look forward to my runs and my workouts when I’m dressed for success.
5 Ways to Stay Fashionably Fit for Less
1. Basic on Bottom. Invest in several black, navy or grey bottoms to be staples in your fitness wardrobe. People are less likely to notice if you wear the same dark colored shorts often if they are solid with no flashy accents.
2. Flashy Up Top. Instead of buying complete matching outfits, shop for tops. Once you have your basic bottoms, you can create a whole new look with one new top. If you stick with basic bottoms, and keep the fun up top, you will stretch your money and diversify your look for half the cost.
3. Shop Sales & Outlets. You don’t have to be rich to enjoy nice things. If you can’t buy the newest pair of shoes or apparel, you can always hit the sale racks and outlet malls to get some new goodies. TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross and Lohman’s are just a few great stores where you can find killer deals on workout clothes. Major brands, like Reebok, make it easy for us to shop our favorite brand for less in one convenient location at their outlet malls. They even have great sales online! For the longest time, I never paid full price for anything – but it was still new to me, and gave me the mental boost I needed.
4. Treat Your Gear with Care. What do you do with some of your most valuable possessions? You baby them. You wash them with love (separating the darks and lights boys!), you put them in safe places, and you protect them from harm. There is something to say about treating your fitness apparel the same way. Like you save certain clothing for special occasions, save your best workout clothes for your workouts. Don’t dare mow the yard in your running shoes or wear you new tank to clean house. Reserving your fitness apparel for your workouts will make these particular pieces of clothing more special and positive – plus it will make your threads last a lot longer.
5. Treat your Shoes like Tires. Sometimes you have to spend a little money to save a lot of money in the long run. Although you can buy really expensive cool shoes, just like you can buy sweet low-profile tires, or big knobby Mickey Thompsons, both tires and shoes are necessities for your safety. And like tires, we often dread spending the money on them. But, as with driving on bald tires, running in worn out shoes could cause a serious blowout that could wreck you and ultimately cost you even more money.
Like tires, shoes are only good for so many miles before they need replacing – and you just have to suck it up and spend the money on them when that time comes. Investing in a good pair of shoes is investing in your health, preventing unnecessary knee, foot and hip issues. You may dread dropping the change on a new pair of shoes, but I promise, it’s a LOT CHEAPER than doctors’ visits and physical therapy. Don’t take short cuts when it comes to shoe shopping. Your body will thank you and save you money in the long run. And, of course, you’ll enjoy wearing cool kicks too!
TIP: Shoes are typically good for 300-400 miles, depending on your weight. If you run 3 miles a day, five days a week, you should replace your shoes every 5-6 months. If you take a 1-hour aerobics class or a hi-impact boot camp 5 days a week, you’ll likely need to replace them even sooner since the average person runs 3 miles in approximately 30 minutes and most group fitness classes go for any hour. Take good care of your sweet feet. They are literally the foundation of your fitness.
Just for laughs:“Sweet Shoes”
This clip was part of some behind the scene “day-to-day” footage for a production company who was looking to do a reality show on the fitness business after Steve was trainer for ABC’s Fat March. Like most reality shows, this clip is meaningless, but entertaining. This is truly what it is like to live in our house with Steve Pfiester. He’s always making me laugh. Enjoy 🙂