If you are looking for some new unique fitness wear that is high quality and a great flattering cut, you need to check out TLF Apparel. I just discovered them a couple of months ago and I am so impressed with their clothing line.
MY OUTFIT FOR OCTOBER
My latest outfit, in “Hot Coral” (which is a cool orange color), is a winner! I love the cut of the bra top, which is high enough in front that is shows up under most tank tops. This makes it easy and fun to layer clothing to add color and style to any outfit – even my work uniform top (which is my Max tank top here).
Hot Coral is the name of this color. It’s not pumpkin orange, but it’s definitely orange (and orangier than it appears in this pic). It’s a cool orange with a hint of coral in it. However, it seems to match all my clothes that have electric orange or coral accents. The vibrant color really brightenes up other solids, like black, grey and white. “Hot coral” is great for fall, but bright enough to go all year long. LOVE IT!
BETTER WITH BLING
Both pieces have a really pretty blinged logo which adds a bit of class and “prettiness” to each pice.
If you like ORANGE, then here are some TLF pieces I loved…
Casual comfy layer that keeps you cool with this “air-conditioning back”. Love this!
This first grey tank with the orange logo is the tank I got to layer over my orange outfit. It’s a great fit and has a little “dressier” feel than the above tank. This is a great outfit for people who like to look sharp (perfect for trainers and fitness professionals). The Infi-Dry fabric keeps you from looking like a wet rat after a hard workout – and dries fast too.
Coupon Code 20% Entire Store: 20TLF002
FOLLOW THEM ON Instagram 2: @TLFapparel
FOLLOW US ON Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TLF.Apparel
TLF HASHTAG: #TrainLikeaFreak
I like to let you know when my favorite brands are running deals! I just got this email and wanted to share it with you!!!! Let me know if you get anything cool!!! I know you’ll love what you get – I always do!!!
**This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
Save up to 50% at Reebok.com + Free Shipping & Free Returns
Reebok.com has just reduced outlet items, including shoes, gear, and more, by up to 50%! Stock up on all of your training must-haves now and maybe grab a few Christmas presents while you’re at it. Don’t wait as these items will go fast. Save up to 50% at Reebok.com + Free Shipping & Free Returns!!!
CLICK HERE to browse CROSSFIT Items (like below)! CLICK HERE to browse the whole outlet store! NOTE: There are SEVERAL pair of the shorts we were that we love so much! I paid as much as $75 for one pair, and they are only $38 right now!!
This post contains affiliate links and I will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on my links.
I know some of you LOVE Reebok CrossFit stuff so I’m passing this along. They are having a special (for their Reebok Affiliates like MEEEE to pass along to YOUUU!) It’s TOTAL ONLY! SO HURRY! Look for the info and code below! They have some killer stuff on sale!!
PRIVATE SALE ALERT: 50% Off Reebok CrossFit Gear
TODAY ONLY! Reebok is hosting an exclusive CrossFit sale where you can get 50% off on select CrossFit items for a limited time. Use the code: CF50 at checkout to get your discount. Happy shopping!
Steve and I both have that longsleeve shirt. All their stuff really rocks!!
The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Lorna Jane.
Since I am in the fitness industry, it is important to me to look sharp when I’m at the gym – whether I’m working out or working the front desk. So, even when I workout, I try to get clothes that are both comfortable and classy, just in case I’m meeting a new member or business person for the first time.
When I got to a chance to try some Lorna Jane fitness apparel, I have to admit I was overwhelmed. Trying to narrow down my selection was extremely difficult. They have SO many cute and unique styles, patterns, cuts and colors.
With every click to a new page, I saw something and thought “ooo! THAT’s my favorite”, only to click to the next screen and say the same thing about something else.
Here’s what I picked out:
Since our staff uniform is black, I opted for something black this time – but next time I’m going with fun crazy bold color because LOOK HOW FLIPPIN’ CUTE THEIR STUFF IS!?! Seriously! I SO have to have those crazy colorful capris!
Here are just a few things I really like about Lorna Jane:
- There are 70-100 New Styles Released Each Month!
- They have Fitness Apparel for ALL Types of Exercise – from dance, swimming & running to lifting!
- They’re clothes aren’t just fashionable, they are comfy and functional! Gotta love something that looks as good as it feels!
- They have great sales, and you can even shop by price so you can find stuff to fit your budget.
- And look at their cute sayings they have like this one “Sweat + Effort = Miracles” …LOVE!!!
Lorna Jane also has some really cool books & diaries. Here’s a link to download Lorna Jane’s ebook, “Move Over Sugar Recipe Book”. I personally love her diary, where you can track your fitness journey, along with get recipes and inspiring quotes along the way. So cool! All in all, I really love what she is doing with her brand and will definitely be back for more!
Happy New Year and New You!!
I flipped out over this tank! It’s the perfect Christmas gift for your favorite coffee loving friend! Or, if you are like me, and a major coffee lover, you can just buy it for yourself! Or maybe you are also like me and, when you go Christmas shopping, you say “One for you, One for ME!” (I know, I’m awful!! They are too cute to resist!!)
I know I just blogged about my other tank I just got that said “I don’t sweat, I sparkle” and you might be thinking I’m now on Ruffles with Love’s payroll, but I’m not. I just think there stuff is so stinkin’ cute – AND, I know how hard it is to buy for some people so I figured you’d enjoy fun fitness gift ideas!
If you are a coffee lover, here are some tips to save extra calories so you can enjoy your cup of Joe without it expanding your waistline.
8 Ways to Save Coffee Calories:
1. Use flavored coffee. Trade high-calorie flavored syrups and creamers for delicious flavored gourmet coffee.
2. Cut the cream. If you can’t do without cream, cut it with skim or whole milk to save calories.
3. Lighten Up. It’s difficult for a person who likes a little coffee with their cream, to become a person who drinks coffee black. However, if you slowly wean yourself of heavy creamer, your taste buds will have time to adjust.
4. Make it mild. Stronger coffees require more cream to soften the intensity of the bitter flavor. If you go a little more mild, you may be able to go mild on your creamer too.
5. Pick only one – coffee or coffee cake. It’s hard to pass up the muffins and coffee cakes when you order your starbucks, but the reality is – that coffee you are ordering IS your treat. Don’t double your mistake by ordering two high-calorie treats.
6. Go small. Many times we order a large coffee just because it’s only a few cents more. Then we find ourselves gulping down the last few cold sips just because we don’t want to waste what’s left. Order small coffees for a small waistline.
7. Skip it. I don’t know about you, but meeting a friend at a coffee shop is the go-to thing to do. Half the time I really don’t even want a coffee. Yet, you bet your socks I’ll order one – just because. The last time I was tempted, I ended up ordering an unsweetened tea instead. It was refreshing and yummy and I didn’t leave with regret and the need to do 3 extra miles of cardio to erase one drink.
8. Limit the high-calorie treats to once a week. Just because it has coffee in it, doesn’t mean you should have it every day like your daily morning coffee. Treat fancy frappuccinos as if it’s actually a treat. Fancy coffees can have as much calories in an ice cream – and if you are dieting, you shouldn’t have ice cream every day either.
Popular Coffee Shop Calorie Chart
|Coffee with Splenda||15|
|Coffee with Skim Milk||15|
|Coffee with Skim Milk and Splenda||25|
|Coffee with Milk||25|
|Coffee with Sugar||60|
|Coffee with Cream||60|
|Coffee with Skim Milk and Sugar||70|
|Coffee with Milk and Sugar||80|
|Coffee with Cream and Sugar||120|
|Cappuccino with Sugar||140|
|Mocha Coffee with Cream||170|
|Mocha Swirl Latte||220|
Twitter handle: @RufflesAndStuff
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RuffleswithLove
Ruffles With Love Website: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RufflesWithLove?ref=pr_shop_more
Shipping Time/Info for Christmas:
All orders by 12/15 guaranteed by Christmas. All orders after 12/15 that are needed for Christmas need to request that in the notes.
PfitBlog Readers get 10% off with code PFIT10!!! WOOT!
As most of you know, I have the privilege of trying some of the newest trends from Reebok. One thing you might not know is I’m not required to tell you how much I love their products, even if I don’t. I just have to test them out, be honest and share what I like. The problem is, I love almost everything they send me! Seriously! So, with that said, I thought I’d share my top picks for the first quarter.
The following products are not just products I’ve received, but new products I admire and plan to get – AND my Product of the Year (so far!).
Bonnie’s Top 5 Reebok Picks
1. PWR Legging – If you don’t want to talk to anyone at the gym, then you may not want to buy these leggings. I got so many compliments on these workout pants the first day I wore them! Everyone was asking me where I got them. Between the cool print and the single black-cuff bottom, this pair of leggings is a statement for sure – and it says COOL!
2. Reebok CrossFit Spotted Sock: Stripes are overrated, right?! But, something you DON’T see a lot of is SPOTS! They have spotted socks in red & white and green & purple. They also have different patterns and styles including compression socks and just high socks. They even have them in solid HOT PINK for pink-lovers like ME! Men, if you want something a little less (well, girlie), check these red, yellow and black bad boys out: Reebok CrossFit Front Stripe Sock
3. ZigCarbon Running Shoe. Ok, I have not tried these yet, but Steve got his last week and LOVES them – and they are on my wish list for sure!! The Zigcarbon is super light (under 7.5 ounces) and has a full-length unique military grade carbon fiber plate for structured support in the midfoot, and forefoot and heel foam pods for excellent cushioning and shock absorption. Although Steve loved the regular zigs, he felt he needed a little more support – and he said this shoe did the trick for sure. This shoe is designed to take a beating with more durability and support.
4. Strength is Beautiful Tank. This statement alone is awesome – but then the top has a cool cut too. I love the color, the cut, and the message! But, this tank is not just cool, it’s practical. The idea behind their CrossFit line is not to just offer CrossFitters cool clothes. It was to learn from some of the toughest athletes who really put their body to the test, and create what they needed in workout gear. As a result, they learned tops need to be more fitted and longer so they don’t rise up while doing handstand push-ups or burpees. They realized they needed to develop pants that you can squat, jump and run in that won’t slide down your bottom exposing your butt crack or busting a seam. They use technology that fitness enthusiasts appreciate. This is not your ordinary generic workout clothes to walk in, this line is designed to work for you, not against you. So, all in all, you don’t have to be a CrossFitter to appreciate this gear – you’ll love it no matter how you train.
5. Strength Track Jacket – So far, this is my favorite jacket I’ve gotten from Reebok. Partly because I love the single-sided inspirational ghost pattern, but mostly because it just looks SO sharp on! It comes in black, white & coral (I have it in white). As a fitness professional, I’m always looking for sharp fitness apparel that I can wear and still look professional. I literally can finish a workout, slide this bad boy on and I feel dressed for success in seconds. Love it!
My Product of the Year (so far) is…
(drum roll please…..)
The Reebok DMX Sky. DMX Sky outsole contains three independent moving channels that transfer cushioned air where you need it, when you need it – and a Carbon rubber outsole for traction, grip and durability.
First, I must tell you how I tried these puppies out. I actually switched shoes with my mom (pictured above on the right) and wore one of her new Reebok shoes AND I wore one of the DMX Sky shoes on part of my run to see if I could feel a difference. The answer was a big fat YES, BIG difference! Definitely LOADS of cushion for all you cushion lovers (which I need since I hurt my ankle). I could tell you how they work, but I think Reebok experts explain it the best. Check it out!
FitFluential LLC compensated me for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I just recently got this little outfit (LOVE! by the way) from Ellie.com. The bottoms are killer quality, steel grey with a black stripe down the side. They fit awesome and hold me in nice and tight. The top is like a cover up. It’s a cool flowy mesh top with an open back to expose whatever cool bra top you want to let peek through.
The whole outfit is classy and looks super sharp on – especially for someone like me who is in the fitness business and should never look like a sloppy sweaty ragamuffin. Even if I wear to have a KILLER sweat-your-butt-off workout, this outfit wouldn’t show it. Totally one of my new favs!
GET HALF OFF
Together, this outfit WOULD have cost me $104.90 – BUT Ellie offers a really cool new way to get you new clothes for HALF the cost! It’s a clothing subscription. For only $49.95/month, you can get a whole new outfit every month – and unlike other subscriptions, you get to choose what you want! It’s SUCH a great idea!
Don’t want to commit? It’s OK! You can cancel anytime OR you can just shop for what you want! It’s totally flexible. CLICK HERE to get 20% off your subscription and learn more!
Free Shipping – Comes in 5-7 business days
Priority Access (so you get first pick of the new stuff! This outfit is sold out – if you are a member, you get to buy it before everyone else! But don’t worry, they still have a ton of nice stuff left.)
PLUS, if you tell a friend and they buy something, you get $20 toward a new purchase for YOU!
My New Outfit!
If you have done any of our our BCx workouts, you have had your share of burpees. Well, be proud, because burpees ain’t no joke. They are tough – which means YOU are tough. So, we thought we’d make a fun tee for you hardcore chicks who burpee their way through BCx, CrossFit, Boot Camps & other functional training: Real Women Do Burpees
Everyone who’s been following me knows I’ve been sporting some really killer Reebok gear lately. Well, my good friends at Reebok just sent me this special coupon – just for MY followers!!! I am also including some links to some of our favorite things too so you can take a peak. They have SO much it can be overwhelming! Let me know if I can help you shop! 🙂
TANKS: This is my favorite tank from them so far. SUPER lightweight and I love the bright colored trim – and I have matching shoes!! Only $22 (plus the discount!). I seriously get more compliments on this cozy top than any other shirt I wear. PS – the blue & green tank is the same blue & green in these shoes, and the bright orange trim is the exactly color of the orange shoes!
Steve LOVES the RealFlex Transition shoes. He wears them all the time. Since they have black on them, they go with pretty much everything he owns. Awesome statement shoe that is super comfy!
SOCKS: Steve’s favorite socks (seriously! Loves these socks). They’re designed so well, there is actually a Left & Right sock shaped specifically for your left and right foot. Sorry guys! They have nothing for ya if you have 2 left feet. (My right foot turns into another left on the dance floor).