If you had a week like I did, where your husband is shot (yes, that actually happened!) and you had emergency surgery that left you on your back for 5 days (yes, that happened too!), you may be in a total frenzy to do last minute shopping the day before Christmas!
Here is a list of fit gift ideas for your fit (or hope-to-be-fit-in-2014) friends:
- Fitness Clothes (I love Reebok of course! I also just got some really pretty Lorna Jane stuff!)
- Gym Bag (I love LiveWell 360)
- Workout Gloves
- Wrist Wraps (I like PRwraps, great for heavy lifts)
- Activity Tracker (I like Polar Loop, which connects with a Polar heart rate monitor)
- Fun Socks (You know how I love me sum socks!)
- Compression Socks or Arm Sleeves (I like Zenzah)
- Colorful Shoe Laces (Target & shoe stores often have them)
- Sporty Head Bands or Hair Ties for the girlies
- Gym Membership (at the Max of course if you’re local!)
- Gift Certificate for a Massage
- Gift Certificate for a Boot Camp or Personal Training
- Protein Smoothie gift card at your local gym or smoothie shop
- Gift Card to GNC (who wouldn’t LOVE that?!)
- Sports Bottle
- Straps (to help grip support for heavy lifts)
- Weight Belt
- Gift Certificate for an annual LiveExercise membership (online workouts)
- Shoe Freshening Balls (put in shoes or gym bag)
- Tennis Shoe Cleaner (I love Reebok’s cleaner)
- iTunes Gift Card for new music
- Yoga Mat
- Yoga Blocks & Straps
- GymBoss Interval Timer
- Balance Ball
- Yurbuds Earphones (the BEST! at Best Buy)
- iPhone Arm Band
- Bodylastics Resistance Bands set
- Protein Shake Mixer Bottle (at GNC)
- Food Scale
- Blender (for protein shakes)
- Smoker or Grill (a protein eater’s must)
- Dehydrator (for making homemade beef jerky & dried fruit)
- Diet cook book (shop Books-a-Million)
- Reebok Nano 2.0 shoes for cross-training (my favorite!)
- Gym Towel
- Water Bottle Belt (for long distance runners)
- Lunch Sack & Tupperware for dieters
- Fitness Magazines (great for motivation & stocking stuffers)
Every Christmas Steve and I allow ourselves to go off our diet for a period of time and indulge in some of our favorite Holiday treats. And, every year, I wake up the day after Christmas surprised at my growing belly. Why I’m surprised, I have no clue. I ate enough to kill someone and deserve to look 4 months pregnant. Ha! But, now it’s time to get after it and get back to a healthy routine of working out more regularly and eating healthy SMALL portions again.
Here is a vlog I did the day after Christmas last year. All the feelings and tips are just as applicable today, so I thought I’d share them with you once again. 🙂
Let’s make 2013 the BEST YEAR YET!
As I sit here on the computer wearing some of my “bigger” jeans, I think about the reality of my expanding waistline. After taking a break from dieting, I have to admit I’ve enjoyed cheating and the extras – but that extra junk adds up to a lot of extra junk in the trunk.
Tomorrow is Christmas Day, and the last real excuse to indulge with family and loved ones. You have 2 choices. You can stop the eating frenzy the day after Christmas, or you can do like many people, and wait until after the New Year.
It’s easy to talk yourself out of exercise and eating healthy again when you think about the fact you probably still have parties to attend and New Year’s festivities to enjoy, but don’t be tempted to let those excuses get in the way of trying. If you’ve fallen off the wagon, don’t just lay there on the side of the road and watch your ride to success leave you behind. Get back on, and ride it as long as you can hold on. If you fall off again, at least you are doing better than you were if you didn’t do anything at all.
It’s easy to just quit dieting and working out during the Holiday – but don’t give in. What you do over the Holidays will soon be in the past. Now is the time to plan how you will get back on that wagon and start heading to your goal. Like I always say, it’s not how many times you fall, it’s how fast you get back up that really counts.
How fast will you jump back in your routine this Christmas?
There are a lot of great gift ideas, but healthy gifts keep on giving for days, weeks and months to come. With the New Year around the corner, there’s no doubt most people are already regretting consuming all the Holiday Fare and are already thinking about their New Year Resolutions.
Here are 10 healthy Holiday gift ideas to help your special someone take a healthy step into 2012:
1. iAnything – Whether it’s an iPod, iPhone or iPad – they all can make a workout more fun. Listen to the workout station on Pandora or watch the latest episode of your favorite ABC show (this is the ONLY way I do cardio indoors!!) on your iPad while doing cardio. Plus, get access to amazing diet and fitness apps!
BONNIE’S FAVORITE FITNESS APPS:
RunKeeper, LoseIt, Spotify, IntervalTrainer, Motion Traxx Podcast (customized music for Runners), and SleepMachine (yes, we have to get REST too!!)
2. Gym Membership – Gym memberships can be like undergarments. You need them, but you hate to spend money on them. A gym membership can be that special place where your loved one can go to work on how they look and feel. Everyone needs a little “me time” and what better place to have that time than in the gym.
BONNIE’S TIP: Try before you buy!
Many gyms will let you “try before you buy”. Ask for a day pass or if they offer a free week trial membership. Read the rest of this entry
It’s the day after Christmas and today I share my own blunders – and what I feel is the key to success after you blow your diet. Whether “fat” for you is 5lbs or 50lbs – weighing more than you should is an awful feeling. We all know where we should be, how our pants should fit, and how we can (and should) look. At this point a clothing size means nothing. Honestly, even weight means nothing. At this point the only thing that matters is how we feel – and right now I feel like the crap I ate – HEAVY!
You also can’t argue with someone when they feel fat and try to convince them they should feel skinny because you think they look skinny. Believe me, I’ve tried. I’ve tried to convince Steve that he still looks amazing when he is feeling his worse. Even though I can’t see the extra pounds he knows is there, HE can FEEL it – and how we feel is the only thing that really matters. He also tries to encourage my fat butt, but there’s no encouraging me after I’ve stuffed my face. So, what’s next? Enjoy my vlog!