There are a ton of gym bags out there, but most of them are pretty generic and less than exciting. When I have shopped for gym bags in the past, they are always the same. Boring. Boring. Boring.
Then I discovered Live Well 360 bags and I discovered gym bags with purpose. Innovative design, well-thought out, good looking and very functional.
Here are 5 things I love about this gym bag:
1. Streamlined design – Most gym bags are so bulky they should come with a WIDE LOAD sign – but this bag has a slim design and lays nicely against your body when you are carrying it so you don’t knock someone out when you walk by someone. The triangular shape (wide at the bottom and narrow at the top) makes this bag seem smaller without compromising space. It carries more like a big purse than a canvas suitcase, so it was the perfect bag for shopping all the vender booths at this weekend’s CrossFit “Clash of the Fittest” competition. In the picture below, you can see how slim the footprint of this bag is in comparison to Steve’s last gym bag.
2. Pockets galore – The Core bag has a large interior compartment for the bulk of your gear, a separate large vented pocket for your stinky shoes or wet clothes, elastic pocket for a water bottle or protein shake, and many smaller pockets for organizing wraps, headphones, gloves, make-up and whatever else your little heart desires. All the pockets not only help you to keep your gear organized, but it helps you take better care of your gear, including the soft fleece-lined pocket which is perfect for holding your nice jewelry.
3. Quality – Gym bags are notorious for canvas fraying, zippers breaking, straps breaking and plastic clips cracking. When you get a Live Well bag you can immediately tell the difference in quality to know this bag is built to last. The strap is made out of smooth durable seatbelt material. Live Well doesn’t use that cheap thin canvas material. Instead, they use super thick handmade ballistic nylon that’s soft to the touch, but incredibly durable. Also, instead of plastic clips and hardware, they use heavy duty satin nickel. They stand behind their product so much, they offer a Quality Guarantee – if there is a problem or defect, they’ll fix it or replace it.
4. Inspirational – You know I’m a sucker for motivation, so when I saw that the entire bag is lined with motivational words, you know I was in heaven. It adds style, and it refocuses your mind every time you open the bag.
5. Roomy. I don’t like a big bag, but I do have a lot to carry to work (which happens to be the gym) with me every day. I don’t like carrying a purse, a laptop bag AND a gym bag SO, the right bag for me has to carry it all. To show you what my bag looks like on a typical day, I emptied all the contents out to show you how much this bag holds – and that’s without even stuffing it. I had plenty of space left to pack more stuff in there. 🙂
Here is what was in my bag today:
1 Workout Outfit
Socks & my new favorite Shoes – the Nano 2.0
15″ Macbook Pro
iPad (for watching TV on the elliptical)
iPhone arm band
2 Designer Whey bars
Camcorder (for shooting video)
Camera (always on “duty” for my brands)
Lotion & Perfume for a refresher if needed
Powder, foundation, Lipstick, lipliner & hair ties
and a partridge in a pear treeeeee 🙂
Those are all the reasons the Core bag made my Top 25 Fitness Gifts for Your Fit Friends. It would be a perfect Christmas gift that will get a ton of use! The Live Well Core comes in Black, Purple and Grey.
When I go to the gym, I look I’m moving in. Members and staff have always teased me when they watch me lug my purse, laptop bag, gym bag and lunch bag in to work everyday. And I don’t blame them, it really is ridiculous.
As you know, I like to tell you about products I’ve discovered (both good and bad), and occasionally I do product reviews. Well, I recently discovered a really KILLER gym bag that solved all my problems and I just HAD to share! It’s called the LUXX gym bag by LiveWell360.com. I have to admit, at first glance, they looked similar to other gym bags, but the more learned, the more features I saw that could really help me out.
1. Eleven Awesome Pockets. Oh my goodness, how I love pockets. A girl’s gotta have her pockets! A pocket for my phone, gotta hold my water bottle, one for my headphone and arm band, another for supplements, and don’t forget one for make-up! The list goes on. That many separate pockets TOTALLY ROCK in my book – and this one has enough to organize even MY world!
2. Stinky-Shoes Solution. Yep, you heard me. There is a separate vented pocket for your tennis shoes. So no more stinky-feet smelling clothes, or sand in with your nice outfits and dirty marks on your light colored clothes. You now can keep them separated – and that’s how it should be.
3. Padded Computer Compartment. OK, this one feature alone sold me!! No more separate laptop bag!!! OMG! Freeeeeeeeedom!!!! My Macbook Pro slips in nicely in the back padded pocket and the inside has plenty of space for any computer accessories I may need.
4. Yoga Mat Holder. Whaaaat? How cool is THAT! Honestly! Saturday I went to yoga and if I didn’t have this bag, I would have juggled a purse, gym bag, brief case AND a yoga mat. Instead, I proudly walked in the gym with just this one bag. Yes, I felt very cool. ha!
5. No Need for a Purse. I’ve always brought my purse AND my gym bag with me to the gym. However, with the large side compartment boasting 4 super easy-access pockets, I don’t need my purse. The only reason I used to carry it is because I didn’t want to toss all my stuff into a big gym bag. Now I have my make-up in the zipper slot, my iphone in the 2nd slot, my camera in the 3rd slot (yes, I always bring a camera every where I go), and my perfume/body spray in the 3rd slot (which, right now, is LaVanilla Laboratories Healthy Fragrance Vanilla Passion Fruit). Then I put my keys on the built in lanyard (also great for your locker key and/or gym membership card) and I toss my wallet into the spacious side compartment and I literally have a built in purse. I feel so organized it’s not even funny!
6. A Bag that Inspires. Every time you open this bag, you will see inspirational words to keep you going. A nice touch for sure!
7. Incredible Durability. I’ve spent anywhere from $49-$99 on a gym bag. They are normally thin nylon or canvasy bags that never last. The stitching comes lose, zippers bust, or the bag rips and frays. Although this bag is on the pricey side in comparison to mainstream brands, there is absolutely no comparison. As soon as you touch and feel it, you can tell this sucker is going to go the distance. And if you are like me, and your gym bag goes with you everywhere, it pays to have a gym that won’t fall apart on you. They are so confident in their quality, they offer a quality guarantee. They will fix or replace it in the event you have an issue. How’s that for service?!
8. People love them. When push comes to shove, what really matters most is what their customers think – and they’re getting rave reviews. Live Well 360 bags have been featured in top publications including Oxygen Magazine, Experience Life Magazine, the German edition of Shape Magazine, LiveStrong, FitSugar, and SparkPeople – and of course, now pFITblog.com. 🙂
Bottom line, this bag is worth the investment! And, although I’m a pretty girly girl, it’s simple design makes this bag great for both men and women.
The only thing I would add is some bling for girls like me. If you know me, you know I like flash. So I look forward to seeing if the line gets fancier as it grows. I’d love to see some cool prints, Swarovski crystals, or Gold accents appear on these bags in the future. I’ll throw a penny in a wishing pond and see if it comes true! And if it does, I’ll be the first to write about it! 🙂
Until then, I guess I better order a some Inspriational Charms! Happy Gym Bag Shopping! Let me know if you decide to try one!! You’ll LOVE IT! – B –