Category Archives: Food & Supplements
The following post is sponsored by FitFluential LLC on behalf of Built with Chocolate Milk.
When you think of maple syrup, you probably think “PANCAKES”! A beautiful stack of buttermilk pancakes with warm golden brown maple syrup poured over melting butter, ready to be washed down with a glass of cold milk. At least that’s what I think of! However, there is a lot more to maple syrup than you think – and I think you’ll be very surprised to read what I have to share!
First surprise: 80% of the world’s maple syrup comes from Canada. If you want real maple syrup you need to make sure it is Canadian Maple syrup, which is unprocessed and 100% natural.
Second surprise: Did you know most leading pancake syrup brands do not even have maple syrup in their syrup? How crazy is THAT? They rely on high fructose corn syrup (which isn’t as healthy and has more calories than Canadian Maple Syrup). When I heard this, I had to go check it out for myself. (watch the video)
Third Surprise: Canadian Maple Syrup has fewer calories than honey (and a LOT more flavor too!). This is funny to me because I prefer maple syrup over honey in many recipes (like oatmeal and mashed sweet potatoes), but figured it was higher in calories. Maybe it’s because it’s called “syrup” and I just think high calories when I think syrup. Ironically, I found I use less syrup than honey because it has more flavor!
Fourth Surprise: Canadian Maple Syrup is high in anti-oxidants – and the darker the grade of syrup the higher in anti-oxidants it is. Check out the difference between Canadian Maple Syrup and other sweeteners.
Canadian Maple Syrup Versus Popular Sweeteners
Pre-Workout Protein Rice Pudding
I found this great pre-workout rice pudding, and I decided to tweak it to make it a little lower in calories and higher in protein. So, I put my thinking cap on and went mad-scientist in the kitchen. I replaced the flour with protein powder and the condensed milk with fat free milk. I reduced the amount of maple syrup (because I’m trying to make the yummy stuff last!!) and I topped it with a sprinkle of cinnamon and granola. Then I tested it out on my house guests. …and the verdict was “Wow! That is really good. Can I have a bowl?” So, I would say it was a success!!
3 cups cooked rice
2 cups fat free milk
1/4 cup greek yogurt
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/2 cup Canadian Maple Syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
Combine all the ingredients, minus the greek yogurt and protein powder, in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Once it begins to boil, mix in the yogurt and protein powder, reducing heat while mixing. Remove from heat and let it stand to thicken. Serve cold or hot. Makes 4 servings. 314 calories per serving.
Cooking With Maple Syrup
FitFluential LLC compensated me for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I recently had the opportunity to do a little shopping on Vitacost.com online health store. I wasn’t even sure what Vitacost was at the time, so I got on the website to poke around. WOW! Information overload! They have over 40,000 healthy products!! Oh my! So many products, but so little time.
Well, since they looked like that pretty much had everything under the sun, I decided to take a different approach. Instead of looking for things I wanted (which would have been half the store), I decided to look at stuff I needed. I was almost out of shampoo and conditioner, and I needed some argan oil for my hair. I also wanted to try one of the facial products. I’ll be honest with you, I’ve never really ordered essentials like this online. I am also horrible about price comparing or using coupons but, after a little research, I realized that Vitacost was significantly cheaper than what I’ve been paying.
For instance, the Moroccan oil was a dollar cheaper than what I’ve paid in the past. Not Your Mother’s conditioner was also about a dollar less than most of their competitors, and as much as $8.00 less than some stores. The Desert Essence shampoo was also significantly cheaper, at $3.00 – $7.00 less than all the other retailers.
Even though I didn’t order any supplements for healthy food products, like PB2 (low-calorie powdered peanut butter), I decided to check out the pricing to see if I should switch to Vitacost for some of those items too. Low and behold, it was $2.00 less than what I had been paying at a local supplement store.
“But what about shipping?”, I thought. Would it end up replacing the savings or would their be other hidden costs? Then, to my surprise again, I discovered shipping was free in the US for orders over $49.00 (which would be VERY easy for me!) – and it’s still only $4.99 if my order is a smaller one. Ok, you got my attention, BUT, I’m impatient. I literally only have a couple of days left before I run out of shampoo, so I looked at projected shipping time. OMG! 1-4 business days!? WOW! That sealed the deal!
I may not be the best at budgeting money and shopping smarter, but Vitacost was going to make it easy, and convenient. Before I go to the drugstore, grocery or vitamin store, I will punch my shopping list into Vitacost first!
Here’s what I got:
Desert Essence Shampoo ($3.97) and Conditioner ($4.67)
This was my favorite purchase. I LOOOOVE the way this smells!! Best yet, it’s super healthy for you & 100% Vegan!
FREE OF: Parabens, sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates, phthalates, artificial colors, silicones, EDTA, glycol, petroleum-based ingredients, wheat, gluten, animal testing, and animal ingredients.
FREE OF: Gluten, sulfate, paraben, phthalate and animal cruelty. Tested on human hair.
INFO: Made with essential vitamins, herbs and bioactive extracts, this salon formula will strengthen, moisturize and give your hair a silky texture.
Also available in light for normal hair. Formulated for coarse hair, it penetrates, moisturizes, renews, strengthens and softens, while protecting your hair from harmful styling heat and UV damage.
FREE OF: Animal Testing.
Lightweight face lotion featuring a combination of creamy coconut oil and hyaluronic acid for deep long-lasting moisture.
INFO: Vitacost nutritional products are manufactured to high standards of quality, efficacy and safety. Each Vitacost product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 111) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Price Comparison & Savings
MY EXPERIMENTAL SHOPPING LIST:
7.99 Face Cream
$50.94 Standard Retail Total
$35.04 Vitacost Total
$15.90 SAVINGS ON ONLY 6 PRODUCTS!
That does it! If I saved $15 on just 6 products, think how much I’d save if I did all my shopping on there! That’s about a 30% Savings – with no coupons, no shopping around and no driving to all the different stores. You can get all your beauty, healthy pet care products, food products, herbs, supplements, healthy cleaning products, medicine and baby products all in one place!
First, I have to say, much of the reason I had such an amazing workout yesterday is because of my new Honey Badger pre-workout supplement. I don’t normally take pre-workout stuff (they freak me out), but I had been in a funk lately and just felt like my workouts needed a little sumthin-sumthin, if you know what I mean. I was going through the motions but missing that jacked-up feeling of wanting to go long and hard – and stay focused.
Well, Honey Badger was nice enough to ship us their killer pre-workout supplement. This is nothing new – people send us stuff all the time but, I have to admit, the honey badger name intrigued me. Typically, I don’t like but one out of every 20+ products people send me, and this was the one – and it was definitely one to write home about! I really loved it and felt I needed to share! (and no, they didn’t pay me or even ask me to write any of this). 😉
First thing Steve noticed was their motto at the top of their bottle “drink fearless”. If you haven’t seen the infamous Honey Badger Video, I posted the clean version at the bottom of this blog.
Here is what the company said about naming their product, “The Honey Badger fends off deadly venomous snakes, predators twice its size and endures hundreds of bee stings, stopping at nothing to snack on its favorite foods. The Honey Badger is lean and mean, resilient, full of energy and never stops moving forward. The fearless attitude and prominent characteristics of the Honey Badger is what caught our attention and proved a perfect fit in naming both the company and product line.” You just gotta love that! Well, I have to say (you will see later at the bottom of this blog), I trained like a honey badger and it felt gooood!
Taste Test: One of the main reasons I don’t take pre-workout supplements is because most of them are a powder you mix with water and have to drink. Quite frankly, I normally can’t get passed the first sip to even down the whole dose. Sometimes I can’t even get past the smell of the powder to even try it, so imagine my pleasant surprise when I opened the container up and it smelled like Country Time Lemonade. I had already prepared to hold my nose and go for it – but that wasn’t necessary. I mixed it with a smaller dose of water (thinking I would just down it quick because of the taste) and, to my surprise again, it actually tasted good! I was going around the gym having everyone taste it. I was SO excited! So I mixed up more, diluted it more (following their instructions) and drank it down and waited… (wait for it….waaaait for it….)
Feel Test: My chest began to tingle and my body started to come alive. I was beginning to feel the effects within about 10 minutes. I started working out, and then I got one of those zingers, when you realize your pre-workout supp is in full-effect. I was super stoked. I had all the yummy effects I like, with none of the side effects I hate (like skin flushing, heart racing, nerves freaking out, etc). The thing I really loved about it most was a really awesome focus and drive. I think I’m in love.
Results Test: I’ll answer this in one simple statement from an onlooker (member watching me train). He said, “Your really liking that stuff aren’t you?” I said YES! I really am and he said “I can tell. You can see it in your training. You look like you are really focused and in the zone”. And I was! That’s why we use these supplements – and Honey Badger definitely delivered!
Here are some of the supplement facts, ingredients and how it works. Visit Honey Badger to learn more!
Honey Badger Shoulder Workout
10 1-Arm Dumbbell Snatch, 25lbs (moderate) on each arm
15 1-Arm Shoulder Press, 12-15lb (light)
12 Lateral Raises, 5lbs or bands
60 Second Elbow Plank
Bent Over Rear Delt Raise, 10lb
Y-Raise (Prone Rear Delt Raise, but having arms out forward more, making a Y with your body/arms) on Incline Bench (rear delt), 5-8lbs
Honey Badger Video:
Here’s the video (the clean version) that made the Honey Badger so popular and coined the saying “Honey Badger Don’t Care”. Now, go have a honey badger workout!
#1: I thought it was silly that I don’t take fish oil, but I’m making sure my dog takes it. Of course if it’s THAT good for him, it would be THAT good for me too. Duh!
#2: I am HORRIBLE with taking vitamins. I believe in them, but struggle to remember to take them. YET, I haven’t forgotten to give Marley his supplements once since I started. How ironic is that? So, I can remember to take care of my dog but I forget about my own health? How messed up is that?!
Solution: I decided to put MY supplements with HIS supplements and every time I give him his fish oil, I’ll take my supplements too. It’s a simple solution for a girl like me!
4 Healthy Rules to Follow:
1. Treat your body as good as you treat your kids (or furry kids) and loved ones. You aren’t going to be very helpful to either one if your health deteriorates.
2 Take it right when you think of it, even if it’s not ideal timing. The truth is, taking something when you think about it is better than nothing. If you are like me, you may put it off to take it when you aren’t drinking coffee or when you are eating a meal, etc as suggested. Sometimes you just have to take it when you think about, or you may not take it at all.
2. Find a trigger to help you remember to take your supplements and/or medications. Whether it’s feeding the dog, like me, brushing your teeth or eating breakfast, if there is a good pattern in your life that you never miss, add your nutrition ritual to it.
3. Find the perfect place for your supplements. If you are a neat freak like me, you probably like all your supplements tucked away and hidden. Well, unfortunately, out of site, often means out of mind. Try to find a place where your supplements can be seen on a daily basis – as well as convenient.
Click HERE to get Doggie Diet Tips: The trick to improving your poosh’s good looks.
When it comes to living healthy, working out and eating right, there is no one-size-fits-all system. There is not one grocery list that everyone would be happy with, and there is not one particular exercise that would work for every single person on the planet.
We all have different goals and different needs. We all have different activity levels and food preferences. Therefore, we have to supplement what we are missing, or don’t like, in order to get the most out of our life and health.
Sure, anyone can go hard-core on their eating or exercise for a season but, when it comes to a healthy lifestyle, you have to be realistic with what will work for you. This is where supplements come in. Before we continue, let’s take a look at what a supplement really is. Here’s what Webster says.
Supplement: Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole.
Synonyms: Add to, compliment, reinforce, augment, extend, fill out.
Unfortunately, many people don’t use supplements how they are designed. They rely on an energy supplement for ALL their energy, or their protein supplement to get ALL their protein. That isn’t how a supplement is supposed to work. Supplements were created to reinforce your diet and exercise program, not replace it.
Getting all the nutrients you need to succeed is challenging in today’s world, and with our hectic schedules. If you are like me, and you work hard in the gym and care about your health, you don’t want to throw it away on a poor diet. You want your body to be as healthy as possible, to heal as quickly as possible, and to get results as fast as possible. THAT’S why supplements are so valuable.
For example, one of my favorite quick fixes is the Total Lean Breakfast Bar. Some would argue that a homemade healthy balanced meal would be a better choice. My response is this: if I am eating a Breakfast Bar, then the only other choice was eating nothing at all. So, the Breakfast Bar was an excellent choice.
You see, I don’t rely on protein bars and/or pre-packaged meals and snacks for fuel. I use them when whole food isn’t an option. Protein shakes and bars are a fantastic solution for people on the go. Before I supplemented my diet, I skipped breakfast and never got enough protein in my diet. While I eat very healthy, now supplements help me get the nutrients I was once lacking, so I can reach my health and fitness goals.
If we lived back in the old days, we may not need to add a workout to our schedule. Working on the farm, or doing daily task might have kept our bodies more fit naturally. However, in today’s computer age, where we drive everywhere we need to go and communicate with everyone by a computerized device, we do a lot less walking and expend a lot fewer calories. So, we have to supplement. That’s why exercise is SO important today. The same way most people don’t get all the nutrients they need in their food, most people don’t get enough exercise through regular daily living.
Once you begin exercising, then you learn that not every workout works for you. One thing I love about the Total Lean Challenge workout program is that Steve shows all kinds of modifications. If you don’t have weights, he makes suggestions of how you can “supplement”. Whether you are making the exercise easier or harder, he shows various options so you can adjust that workout to fit your needs.
A healthy lifestyle is doable for everyone at anytime in his or her life – we just all need to learn to get the right supplements. If you lack activity, you supplement it with exercise. If you don’t have all the right tools to exercise, you supplement with what you do have. If you can’t get all the nutrients you need, you supplement it with what you are missing. Whether you supplement a little or a lot, you are better, healthier and happier because you are more complete – reinforced, augmented, extended, fulfilled.
Today’s Surprise Saturday Workout
Try one of the workout routines led by Steve Pfiester or do the Surprise Saturday workout for today (described below). I’m doing the Saturday Workout today! I will be running the bridges with my BFF, Kristie. The route: 5.5 mile loop from Riverside Park, over the Barber Bridge to Indian River Drive, then over the 17th Bridge back over to A1A back to Route 60 to Riverside Park, which will take us about an hour.
CLICK HERE to check out the Total Lean challenge. Try one of the workouts, or try them all. The Total Lean challenge offers a 90 day meal plan and workout program – and you can join the challenge anytime!!
5 Ways I Supplement
1. Total Lean Vitamins. I simply cannot get all the vitamins in nutrients I need, and stay within my desired caloric allowance without vitamins.
2. Total Lean Shake 25. I have one shake right after my workout, and another shake before I go to bed if I haven’t met my daily protein goal. For me, I try to get .75-1gm of protein per pound of ideal bodyweight.
3. Total Lean Breakfast Bars. I keep these on hand in case I am in a hurry and need to eat on the run. They are super yummy and go so good with my coffee!
5. Activity. I wear the Jawbone UP that helps me track my steps. My goal is to walk 10,000 steps a day. If I know I won’t reach my goal, I go for a 3-mile run to supplement my lack of activity on inactive days.
Realistic Healthy Lifestyle Tips:
1. Cook in advance. I cook all my meat on Sundays (see my vlog below) so I have meat already prepared for all my meals. My favorite meats to cook is grilled chicken, pulled chicken in a crock pot, turkey meatloaf, apple, walnut & chicken salad, curry chicken salad and tuna salad. Chicken and tuna salads are a great solution for eating on the run when a microwave isn’t handy.
2. Plan my workout for the week. If I don’t make a plan, I am not as motivated to workout. If you are new to working out, or don’t like to think, the Total Lean Challenge workout program makes planning easy. Today’s workout is the Saturday Surprise workout, so today I just have to walk, hike or bike for 60 minutes! How’s that for easy planning?!
3. Set weekly goals. I have a few guidelines I try to follow so I never get out of my routine. Workout no fewer than 3 times a week, and never go more than 3 days without exercise. No matter what happens, always start fresh and strong Monday.
Curry Chicken Salad
Mix it all up and pop it in the fridge to chill. Cut a cucumber in half, longways, and scoop out the seeds with a tablespoon until it makes a nice boat. Serve the chicken salad on the cucumber boat. Serve with wheat thins if you are serving guests. Dieters skip the chips and just enjoy it as is.
FitFluential LLC compensated me for this Campaign. All opinions are my own.
In yesterday’s blog I talked about how celebrity endorsements can fail. Not all celeb endorsements are bad but, because of the bad ones, I’m sure many people wonder who they can trust. If you want to be led in the right direction, here are some tips to help you make more solid decisions and fewer fitness mistakes.
1. Follow fitness leaders who lead by example. This means both the fitness leader and the fitness brand – and Reebok is setting the standards high, with a growing emphasis on education and effective training. It’s great that a brand is cool, but being cool is not enough. Being popular isn’t enough. Results speak louder than anything else, and some of the best brands are realizing the importance of teaming up with quality people and content. (picture from Kelly Olexa)
2. Don’t just let any celebrity give you professional advice. Let professionals give you professional advice. This goes for your neighbors and friends too. Don’t ask everyone what they are doing to lose weight, looking for the one who tells you something you like. Search for the truth, whether you want to hear it or not. The truth is the only thing that will set you free.
3. If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Move on. I could write a book on this one, but will save you the fitness sermon for another day. Just because it as the “As seen on TV” doesn’t mean it is reliable. Like this neck slimming device, it’s probably LESS reliable!
4. If something looks like it make take work to get results, it’s probably worth trying. Hard work typically has a greater reward. If you always look for the easy way out, you will always be disappointed.
5. Don’t rely solely on ads to make a purchase. Research your purchases, especially when it comes to fitness equipment and supplements.
6. Look for the “FitFluential” name or logo. If someone is a FitFluential Ambassador, they are held to high standards and expected to be honest, reliable, passionate and professional. (and NO, they did not ask me to write this or promote them. This is my honest feelings and experience).
7. Share your own experience. If you have a product you love, or a product that failed you, you can help others by sharing your experience. Tweet about the brands you love, post pictures on facebook and pin your favorite brands on Pinterest. We can all learn from each other.
8. Do they put their money where their mouth is? If you really want to know if a product is worth it or not, find out if the person repping it would actually buy it. Many people (myself included) get many products free, but the real test is whether or not we would spend our own money on it if it needed replacing. For me, I’d buy Designer Whey bars even if I didn’t work for Designer Whey. I would buy Chobani yogurt every time I went to the grocery store if they didn’t keep me stocked up. I bought a half dozen Gymbosses for my health club after I became an affiliate because I love their product and know my members would benefit from using them too. And, I don’t just I also love Reebok, GNC, Spira, DA Active, LiveWell360 and Bodylastics, I use them on a regular basis because I genuinely love them.
Let’s rise above celebrity status and make smart choices, not just seemingly popular ones. 🙂 – B –
NOTE: I DID NOT GET COMPENSATED FOR THIS BLOG IN ANY WAY.
Over the years, big brands have used celebs to rep their products to boost sales. Occasionally, there is a quality product behind a star, but too often it’s just a paycheck. Shamefully, some stars don’t mind fibbing for a buck. I mean, did Snooki really believe that her six-cookies-a-day diet was a quality solution to a weight problem? How could someone feel good about endorsing that? And shame on anyone who would rely on a Jersey Shore reality star for diet advice. Really people? How about Kim Kardashian endorsing Shape Ups, the shoe that claims to tone the glutes and legs? Kim was already known for her unusually large derriere before she even heard of Shape-Ups. Also, why wouldn’t Shape Ups actually choose an athlete or someone with a super fit body to represent their brand? It seems to me both parties sold out on this one. Even after a study by the American Counsel of Exercise found that wearing Shape-Ups won’t burn more calories or improve muscle tone any more than wearing regular running shoes will, sadly, people keep buying them and celebrities will keep endorsing them. Ut Oh Spaghettios! I guess Kirstie Alley‘s role as Jenny Craig spokesmodel was so lucrative she decided to create her own diet plan and keep all the earnings to herself. However, that backfired in a big way when she was sued for making false claims, including deceptive before and after photos and the claim her product helped her lose 100lbs. Reportedly, what really worked for her was good old-fashioned exercise and a low-calorie meal plan, but you can’t sell that as easily I guess. Charles Barkley is another endorsement gone wrong. He didn’t realize the cameras were on when he said “I thought this was the greatest scam going — getting paid for watching sports,” Barkley said. “This Weight Watchers thing is a bigger scam.” I realize it was misinterpreted, and that he didn’t mean it the way it was taken, but both brands and celebs must be careful about what they say and do because people are watching. NutriSystem and Weight Watchers are two of my favorite diet brands, but how many times have we watched a celebrity lead people in the wrong direction – mistake or not? And in many cases, it’s not that the product is the scam, but a specific claim by an endorser that’s the scam. Then the entire character of the whole brand is questioned.
Sellouts Aren’t Selling
I believe we are entering a whole new world of endorsements and marketing. Big brands are beginning to smarten up and use real people who really love their brand already to build a quality customer base. They’re trading celebrities for fitness leaders, and the girl next door (like me, sporting my LiveWell 360 Luxx workout bag), that people can trust – and I don’t know about you, but it’s refreshing! A huge leader in this concept is FitFluential, an insanely fast growing company that has many hats, but one is matching quality brands with quality fitness leaders. The thing I love most about being a FitFluential Ambassador is we are encouraged to only work with companies we TRULY believe in, so our followers can continue to rely on us for valuable HONEST direction. No sellouts! The end result is success on all levels. I’m not forced to write a raving review on a crummy product (thank goodness!). You will always be able to trust my content, as always, and every brand I endorse. And, all my affiliated brands will have more happy customers because their customers will have realistic expectations of their product and knowledgeable guidance on how to use their product correctly so they get the results they were hoping for. What a concept! What an honest, knowledgeable, genuine, trustworthy concept!
Some of My Favorite Brands:
- Reebok – was the very first brand to fit me for shoes & build a relationship with me locally. That was just the beginning.
- Chobani – sent me generous gift as a thank you for sharing my love for their yogurt with fans.
- Designer Whey – goes above and beyond when it comes sharing their whey love and helping their customers get results.
- Gymboss – sent me an interval timer to try, knowing I’d love it and it would come back 10 fold – and it did.
- Sears – is dedicated to providing quality fitness content so their customers get the guidance they need after the sell.
- Perky Jerky – has provided gifts for our members and interacts with their fans like all brands should.
- DA Active – believes word of mouth is the most valuable advertisement.
- GNC – invests in quality fitness leaders who use their products to deliver quality content & advice to their customers.
- LoseIt – let me try their new beta version of their premium LoseIt app before it came out.
- Spira – Thanked me with always providing me with new shoes after I helped boost sales locally after I got by first pair.
More Past or Current Brands…
- Anatomie Style
- Coach’s Oats
- Gloss Army
- Go Sports ID
- Zone Perfect
READ PART 2: 8 Tips to Not Get Tricked.
Here’s a funny video by GiGi Eats Celebrities – had to add it!
NOTE: I DID NOT GET COMPENSATED FOR THIS BLOG IN ANY WAY.
This is why many people can’t seem to shake the weight (pun intended). They add protein to their diet, forgetting it’s adding extra calories too. As a result, they gain weight or slow progress.
If you want to lose weight, those calories need to be shaved off somewhere else to make room for the calories coming from protein. Just because it’s protein doesn’t mean it’s “free calories”. Although they are good calories, they are still calories. So, in order to reach your goal, you need to set a budget for your shake matching your needs.
1. The Weight Gainer: Weight gainers can add protein to their diet without really worrying about the calories. If someone is a hard gainer, they probably need both fat and muscle weight in order to increase strength and size. So you are the lucky dog that can ignore this entire blog. 🙂
2. The Dieter: Dieters need to be in a caloric deficit. This means, they need to take in fewer calories than they are burning. In order to budget how many calories are coming from protein, simply multiple the number of grams of protein you are trying to get a day by 4. Since there are 4 calories in one gram of protein, this will give you the number of calories that are required to get your total grams of protein per day. But remember, that is just for the protein. That doesn’t include other ingredients you may add in a shake.
3. The Maintainer: This person wants to either preserve what they already have, or reshape their physique but still remain the same weight. This person will need to trade some fat and carb calories for protein calories so it evens out. In the end, they’ll still be eating the same amount of calories, but they will just be getting more protein.
FitStudio nutritionist Toby Amidor points out some of the worst offenders in smoothie land.
Smoothie King – NOT SO SMOOTH!
· Forty fluids ounces of “The Hulk Strawberry” weighs in at 1,928 calories, 64 grams of fat, and a whopping 250 grams of sugar.
Jamba Juice – IS JAMMING YOU WITH CALORIES!
· An original “Peanut Butter Moo’d” creamy treat has a staggering 770 calories and 109 grams of sugar.
CLICK HERE for fun and creative Designer Whey shake & protein recipes
I wanted to invite you to join me tonight, with GNC & the FitFluential team, for a Twitter Chat on using supplements to help best plateaus and sculpt muscle. Many of you have already read some of my reviews on Genetix HD (if not, the links to the blogs are below).
This is a great chance to talk to several people who have been trying them out and drill them with questions. I hope to see you tonight!!
April 4th, 2012, 8:00pm EST. Hashtag: #genetixHD
Never done a twitter chat before? Here’s the easiest way to join the conversation:
Sign in to TweetChat. Choose the hashtag to follow (#GenetixHD). Join the conversation! It automatically will add the hashtag every time you post! See you there!
MY REVIEWS ON THIS PRODUCT:
Today, I procrastinated and didn’t run until after 10am.
My punishment: The Sun.
There are always repercussions for poor decisions. I got what I deserved. Luckily, some of my neighbors’ sprinklers were on so I got to run throw them to cool me off.
My reward: My Shake.
There is nothing better than a crisp cold shake after a muggy hot run!
BERRY LEY LIME PIE
1 cup fat free milk
a nice long squeeze of Nellie & Joe’s Key West Key lime Juice*
1 cap of butter extract
1 cap of coconut extract (for a tropicalicious taste)
6+ black berries
1 scoop Designer Whey Vanilla Praline protein
1 cup ice
Optional: 1/4 sheet of graham cracker (add last so it doesn’t blend all the way)
*Amount of key lime juice depends on how tart you like it.
252 calories, 28gms of protein
Key West Here I Come!!! YUM!