No Coffee No Workee: 8 Coffee-Calorie Saving Tips
I flipped out over this tank! It’s the perfect Christmas gift for your favorite coffee loving friend! Or, if you are like me, and a major coffee lover, you can just buy it for yourself! Or maybe you are also like me and, when you go Christmas shopping, you say “One for you, One for ME!” (I know, I’m awful!! They are too cute to resist!!)
I know I just blogged about my other tank I just got that said “I don’t sweat, I sparkle” and you might be thinking I’m now on Ruffles with Love’s payroll, but I’m not. I just think there stuff is so stinkin’ cute – AND, I know how hard it is to buy for some people so I figured you’d enjoy fun fitness gift ideas!
If you are a coffee lover, here are some tips to save extra calories so you can enjoy your cup of Joe without it expanding your waistline.
8 Ways to Save Coffee Calories:
1. Use flavored coffee. Trade high-calorie flavored syrups and creamers for delicious flavored gourmet coffee.
2. Cut the cream. If you can’t do without cream, cut it with skim or whole milk to save calories.
3. Lighten Up. It’s difficult for a person who likes a little coffee with their cream, to become a person who drinks coffee black. However, if you slowly wean yourself of heavy creamer, your taste buds will have time to adjust.
4. Make it mild. Stronger coffees require more cream to soften the intensity of the bitter flavor. If you go a little more mild, you may be able to go mild on your creamer too.
5. Pick only one – coffee or coffee cake. It’s hard to pass up the muffins and coffee cakes when you order your starbucks, but the reality is – that coffee you are ordering IS your treat. Don’t double your mistake by ordering two high-calorie treats.
6. Go small. Many times we order a large coffee just because it’s only a few cents more. Then we find ourselves gulping down the last few cold sips just because we don’t want to waste what’s left. Order small coffees for a small waistline.
7. Skip it. I don’t know about you, but meeting a friend at a coffee shop is the go-to thing to do. Half the time I really don’t even want a coffee. Yet, you bet your socks I’ll order one – just because. The last time I was tempted, I ended up ordering an unsweetened tea instead. It was refreshing and yummy and I didn’t leave with regret and the need to do 3 extra miles of cardio to erase one drink.
8. Limit the high-calorie treats to once a week. Just because it has coffee in it, doesn’t mean you should have it every day like your daily morning coffee. Treat fancy frappuccinos as if it’s actually a treat. Fancy coffees can have as much calories in an ice cream – and if you are dieting, you shouldn’t have ice cream every day either.
Popular Coffee Shop Calorie Chart
|Coffee with Splenda||15|
|Coffee with Skim Milk||15|
|Coffee with Skim Milk and Splenda||25|
|Coffee with Milk||25|
|Coffee with Sugar||60|
|Coffee with Cream||60|
|Coffee with Skim Milk and Sugar||70|
|Coffee with Milk and Sugar||80|
|Coffee with Cream and Sugar||120|
|Cappuccino with Sugar||140|
|Mocha Coffee with Cream||170|
|Mocha Swirl Latte||220|
Twitter handle: @RufflesAndStuff
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RuffleswithLove
Ruffles With Love Website: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RufflesWithLove?ref=pr_shop_more
Shipping Time/Info for Christmas:
All orders by 12/15 guaranteed by Christmas. All orders after 12/15 that are needed for Christmas need to request that in the notes.
PfitBlog Readers get 10% off with code PFIT10!!! WOOT!
Posted on December 12, 2013, in Brands, Fitness Products & Trends, PFIT PFINDS and tagged christmas gift ideas, coffee, fitness apparel, gym apparel, tank top, workout clothes. Bookmark the permalink. 9 Comments.