Great workout by Steve Pfiester!! Definitely a good way to mix things up so cardio isn’t so darn boring!!!
Instead of just getting on the “dreadmill” for an hour straight and losing your mind, why not break up your time and even increase your intensity? Just the thought of long booooring cardio puts a scowl on my face. Instead, think about 3 or 4 ten-minute bouts of intense cardio instead of a 45 minute grind. I feel better already!
Pros & Cons
1. It won’t train your body to sustain long distances
2. …. Hmm, still thinking
3. If you watch a tv show while doing cardio, you will have to turn it off after 10 minutes
1. More intensity = more calories burned
2. Prevents breakdown of joints and repetitive injuries
3. Intense intervals will increase metabolic drive post-workout (burning more calories throughout your day)
4. Will gain more lean tone from increased intensity
5. Less risk of burning lean mass throughout your…
View original post 238 more words