15 Healthy Breakfast Ideas
When it comes to meal planning, one of the biggest obstacles for dieters is breakfast. Some people are just not hungry that early in the day. Others have a sensitive stomach and can’t stomach just any kind of food in the morning. And, most of us are just so darn busy, rushing to get out the door, we don’t make time for the most important meal of the day. So, here are a few things you can try!
10 Breakfast items that are always on my Shopping List:
- Lavish Oatmeal
- Egg Beaters
- Chobani greek yogurt
- Thomas’ whole wheat bagel thins
- La Tortilla low-carb wraps
- Trop 50 orange juice
- Back to Nature cranberry pecan granola
- Designer Whey vanilla protein (available at Publix)
- Jimmy Dean D’Lights breakfast meals
- Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter
- and of course, a bunch of fresh produce!!
15 Healthy & Simple Breakfast Ideas
Since planning is key to success with any diet, here are some breakfast ideas to help give you more ideas on food to fuel you through the day. Remember, if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
- Egg Beaters, ham and cheese on a toasted Thomas’ whole wheat bagel thin.
- Chobani greek yogurt topped with fresh fruit and a sprinkle of Back to Nature cranberry pecan granola
- Toasted 1/2 a Thomas’ whole grain bagel (or whole bagel thin) with natural Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter and honey
- La Tortilla low-carb wrap, low-fat veggie cream cheese, tomato, lettuce, onion, ham, cheese and sprouts.
- Easy Lavish Oatmeal comes in a pouch that doubles as a measuring cup, perfect for rushed mornings.
- Your choice of plain whole oats (oatmeal) with milk, real butter, fresh or dried fruit and chopped nuts
- Egg Beaters, leftover grilled asparagus, and melted cheese on a toasted Thomas’ whole wheat bagel thin.
- Jimmy Dean D’Lights turkey sausage breakfast bowl (230 calories) or sausage, egg white cheese bagel (260 cal) are great in a rush.
- Egg beaters, leftover spinach, tomato and low-fat feta cheese on toasted Thomas’ whole wheat bagel thin.
- Protein shake, like Designer Whey vanilla protein, Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter , milk (or soy milk) and whole oats (like Coaches Oats) for crunch. Or, Designer Whey vanilla protein, Trop 50 orange juice, banana and yogurt is great for fruit smoothie lovers.
- Egg Beater Casserole. Layer thin 100-calorie bread or bagel thins, Egg Beaters and your favorite toppings like leftover chopped meat, onions, tomatoes, spinach, and low-fat cheese. Great for cooking in advance!
- La Tortilla low-carb wrap wrap with sliced bananas and Smucker’s Natural Peanut Butter – quick, easy and yummy! Add sprouts for a fun crunch!
- Breakfast burrito with Egg Beaters, leftover chicken, onion, cheese and fresh salsa on a La Tortilla low-carb wrap
- Thomas’ whole wheat bagel thin, plain cream cheese spread, sliced smoked salmon (available at Sam’s Club), lemon juice and capers. (Steve’s favorite breakfast)
- Always have Designer Whey protein bars on hand for emergency mornings when you run out of time. My favorite is their triple chocolate crunch!
Breakfast doesn’t have to be fancy. It doesn’t have to be complicated or big – but it needs to be a smart choice. The better you eat in the morning, the better you will feel throughout the day.
Posted on September 6, 2012, in Diet & Nutrition Tips, Healthy Foods, PFOODIE, Recipes & Brands and tagged Back to Nature granola, breakfast, breakfast recipes, chobani, Designer Whey, diet, egg beaters, healthy breakfast, healthy food brands, healthy groceries, healthy products, Jimmy Dean D'Lights, La Tortialla low-carb wrap, Lavish oatmeal, low-cal breakfast, smucker's natural peanut butter, Thomas' whole wheat bagel thin, Trop 50, weight loss. Bookmark the permalink. 7 Comments.