Weekend To-Do List, 6 Things You Need to Get Fit Monday
How you spend your weekend greatly affects how you will spend the rest of your week – and if you are one of those people who are determined to get fit, then what you do over the weekend will matter even more. Here are 6 ways to make sure you get the results you want this week.
1. Shop: You can’t eat healthy if you don’t shop healthy. Nothing sets you up for failure more than not having the food you need in your kitchen.
2. Organize: I don’t know about you, but if my laundry is all over the place, and I have no idea where my favorite workout clothes are, I won’t be as motivated to go to the gym in my wrinkly left overs. I may be there to workout and sweat, but I have to feel good about myself too. If I don’t, I’ll skip or flake out early just because I’m not “feelin’ it”. Make sure your clothes are clean and ready for the week.
3. Pack: Don’t wait until Monday to pack your gym bag. Trust me, you may wake up late, you may run out of time or you may just plain forget. Don’t leave any room for error. Get your gear ready the night before.
4. Plan: You should already know what you are going to eat the next day – especially breakfast and lunch. Sundays are our day to grill up a ton of meat, and tupperware it up, so we just grab and go the next morning. The more on top of your meal plans you are, the more focused and successful you will feel. Nothing spells failure more than trying to diet on the fly.
5. Prioritize: When we put off necessary tasks we get grouchy. Don’t spend so much time on facebook, you end up not being prepared for the next day. If you are serious about putting fitness first this year, put it first each day. This means investing the first part of the day taking care of all the preparations – from creating your itunes playlist to investing time learning more about diet and exercise. You know what you need to succeed – so don’t put it off, put it first.
6. Get Psyched! Honestly, this is my favorite one. Think about what you are planning – you’re planning a life change. You’re planning on getting fit and hot …and THAT’s exciting. Keep fitness magazines laying around so you are constantly inspired. Subscribe to motivational blogs (like mine of course!) and connect with like-minded people online, again, to keep you focused and motivated. Post photos of physiques you like, success stories you love and goals you want to strive for. Whether it’s a photo of someone running a marathon or a a chick with some awesome abs – keep your eye on the prize so when you wake up the next morning you can’t WAIT to workout!!!
OK, laundry is done, house is straight, shopping is finished, workout clothes are ready to go – and now it’s time for me to start grilling our chicken! Gotta practice what I preach and get off the internet now! 🙂 Let’s ROCK every Monday!!!!