Save Time in the Gym this Holiday Season: 8 Great Full Body Exercises
Most people isolate body parts when weight training. Whether they do upper body one day and lower body the next, or they isolate it out even more, there are ways to save time and still enjoy the benefits.
What if you could do arms WHILE you are doing legs? Well, you CAN! Here are a few exercises from FitStudio that work both the lower body and the upper body at the same time. Throw a few of these exercises in replace of your isolated exercises to get more bang for the buck (and time!).
8 Great Full Body Exercises
1. Thrusters – Works shoulders, core, legs and glutes
2. Overhead Walking Lunges – Tones shoulders, core, legs and glutes
3. Reaching Side Lunge with Bicep Curl – Tones shoulders, core, hamstrings, quads and glutes
4. Kettlebell Swing – Works quads, hamstrings and core while toning the arms
5. Iron Cross Squat – Works glutes, legs, core and shoulders
6. Reverse Lunge & Press – Works glutes, quads, core and shoulders
7. Dumbbell Overhead Squat – Trains quads, glutes, hamstrings, core and shoulders
8. Medicine Ball Chop – Tones abdominals, core, legs and arms
FULL BODY CIRCUIT:
Work your heart & lunges, core, shoulders, legs and glutes in this quick BCx Mission.
FIT TIP: Don’t have a lot of fitness tools? You can make 25lb sandbags (like we do in BCx Boot camp in photo below) or use 2 gallons of water (8.33lb each) in place of dumbbells.
Like my blog? Don’t forget to Like, Share, Comment & Subscribe!!
I look forward to sharing more tips with you! – Bonnie
Posted on November 26, 2011, in Exercise & Training, PFIT TIPS, Uncategorized and tagged full body exercises, glutes, lunges, push press, save time in the gym, shoulders, squats, thrusters, time saving exercises. Bookmark the permalink. 4 Comments.